Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2015 CTS
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What special tools do i need to do this job. Does anyone have instructions on doing this

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
the 3.2 is hard to do ive heard.
there is a special tool but dont know what its called...msg chico i think he was going to do his himself, there was another thread a while back about people renting the tool.

·
Registered
2003 CTS "Ebony Maria" 2005 Cadillac STS "Grace"
6,414 Posts
kdstrum...what do you mean special tool to change the timing belt? i have changed mine out, and i dont recall using any special tools. unless i have that already in my collection and dont realize it is a special tool...

·
Registered
2015 CTS
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
okay that's my next project i did the theromostat and compressor that's was what i'm trying to find out is there a special tool how did you know top dead center and did you turn the crank with the belt on did you remove the spark plugs just things like that

·
Registered
CTS 03
1,765 Posts
A while back, someone had a post which described a tool that held all the cams in place while you replace the belt. They rented it.

While you're in there, might as well replace the water pump as a preventative measure.

·
Registered
2015 CTS
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah that's my plan i already have the parts i'm at 106,000 right now need to get this done quickly

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Visit a local GM service mgr. If you approach him in the right fashion, he might just give you a print out from the GM computer system. One local service mgr does that a lot.

·
Registered
03, 3.2L CTS-SC
577 Posts
hey tx i'm close to having to change my timing belt would you have the procedure or tricks to make it easier? Or did you just use the thread provided above page 3

1 - 11 of 11 Posts