Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't put a lot of my personal life on these forums, but I guess it's time for a true confession. I have an addiction that has haunted me for decades. Have tried for years to get clean but I keep getting sucked back in. Tried the 12 step programs but I relapse easily. Couldn't even make it past step 2 and I relapsed. Also, there's a local dealer offering goods because they know of my addiction. Problem is, my dealer wears a green uniform and stands at a table outside our local grocery store. One look at the puppy dog face and box of Thin Mints, and I'm hooked again. "Hi, my name is Byrdman, and I'm an addict. I've been clean for...well, never"

Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
I haven't put a lot of my personal life on these forums, but I guess it's time for a true confession. I have an addiction that has haunted me for decades. Have tried for years to get clean but I keep getting sucked back in. Tried the 12 step programs but I relapse easily. Couldn't even make it past step 2 and I relapsed. Also, there's a local dealer offering goods because they know of my addiction. Problem is, my dealer wears a green uniform and stands at a table outside our local grocery store. One look at the puppy dog face and box of Thin Mints, and I'm hooked again. "Hi, my name is Byrdman, and I'm an addict. I've been clean for...well, never"
馃槈
=====================
sorry to be the one to have to inform you - BUT -
there simply is NO CURE for your addiction -
you'll just have to learn to live with it!

Registered
96 FWB
Sorry, but from what I've read it sounds like a rather common addition. If any consolation I've also read, "They make bourbon for that."

Registered
'85 Sedan de Ville, '10 CTS-V
Girl scout cookies? Nothing wrong with that except possible diabetes...

I have a sweet tooth myself and an A1C of 5.5 to show for it....

Sent from my REVVL V+ 5G using Tapatalk

Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150s
Guess I'm fairly plebeian - I like the plain shortbreads, lemonades, and thank you.

Registered
96 FWB
Cookies? I thought it was the uniforms, and it only reminded me what I liked to think of girls in them when I was a kid. Not so much an addiction as just solid patterning so I got the whole get-up for my wife. Cute little cap and all......

Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cookies? I thought it was the uniforms, and it only reminded me what I liked to think of girls in them when I was a kid. Not so much an addiction as just solid patterning so I got the whole get-up for my wife. Cute little cap and all......
my wife was a Girl Scout all through grade school. Still has the uniform, sash and knee socks (with red flashes). She still fits it so sometimes........um, never mind, TMI.

Registered
2004 CTS Lux Sport and 2014 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux
My wife served as the Troop's Cookie Mom several times. Think of what several hundred boxes of these goods in the living room looks like.

Administrator
Two younger sisters were Brownies/Scouts and Mom was a den mother. Come cookie time the home looked like the Keebler cookie bakery. They would load up the '57 Ford 9-passenger wagon and deliver all Saturday.

Registered
2004 CTS Lux Sport and 2014 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux
I don鈥檛 understand why they aren鈥檛 sold year round.
They actually almost are sold year round. The troops ranging from Brownies to the Senior levels and regional councils rotate their schedules, so that they all do not compete with each other at the same time. It will depend on your region and number of troops in the local areas. There is a Fall, schedule early and then late spring, from my observations.

Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
but I live in the boonies and there's only one troop. are they on the black market somewhere?

Registered
96 FWB
I have plenty in the freezer. I could give you little taste, just to see if you like them.
Spoken in Creepy Old Man In The Boonies Driving A Cadillac

Reactions: Byrdman

Registered
Talk about suspenseful 馃ぃ馃槄

Administrator
As far as addictions go I must confess that I have finally beat one of mine - excess amounts of marshmallows, nuts, and chocolate ice cream - but it was a rocky road.

As therapy for the withdrawal symptoms my doctor recommended voicing my opinions on the benefits of eating dried grapes. It's called raisin awareness.

Registered
96 FWB
"Puns are the lowest form of humor."
-Mark Twain

So I say keep'em coming....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts