Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
07 CTS-V FG2 & 07 SRX
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i decided today to trade my v in the am. The other day someone traded in a '04 cts-v, and naturally i took it out for a spin. I was so impressed with the handling of that car! Well my next car is a new '07 CTS-V in platinum. I had forgot just how entertaining the cts-v is to drive. Same brakes, but it seemed to brake with much more authority than the S version. Guess i will have to learn how to use a key again. Good luck to all with their STS-V's.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
well i decided today to trade my v in the am. The other day someone traded in a '04 cts-v, and naturally i took it out for a spin. I was so impressed with the handling of that car! Well my next car is a new '07 CTS-V in platinum. I had forgot just how entertaining the cts-v is to drive. Same brakes, but it seemed to brake with much more authority than the S version. Guess i will have to learn how to use a key again. Good luck to all with their STS-V's.
Good luck with your new CTS-V. I am still glad I traded my CTS-V in for an STS-V. I love the luxury and comfort that the STS-V has and I got tired of shifting all the time. I hope you don't get hosed on the STS-V when you trade it in. To each his own and enjoy.

SG

·
Registered
07 CTS-V FG2 & 07 SRX
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i work at a caddy dealership so i was able to exit without much pain. the sts-v is no doubt much more into luxury. i forgot to mention, i only live 6 miles from work, and 2 miles of it is on a curvy road. now that i think about it, after owning the sts-v for 14 months, i only today hit 7000 miles. if i had to drive in traffic or distance, the sts-v would have stayed in the driveway.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
He works there so Im sure he finagled something, but seeing how used ones are going for 49000 now with those kind of miles, I wouldnt imagine much more than that unless they dont plan on selling it for awhile.

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
Congrats I guess. I personally would wait for the 09 version with how close it is to coming out. But again, your decision good luck with it.

·
Registered
07 CTS-V FG2 & 07 SRX
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not at liberty to say how much, and my plan is to have a
'09 cts-v...if gm moves forward with production. truthfully i never test drove the sts-v before i bought it, i traded my 6 speed gto for it. regardless of the price, i enjoy the cts-v more. go figure.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Again good luck. I was just thinking of this thread this morning as I was driving to work. I enjoy the STS-V much more than my old CTS-V, so we differ.

All I have to do it press the go pedal and listen to that whine, I get hooked all over again. I will tell you though that if GM does put a blower into the new CTS-V and they option for a paddle shift automatic (that does actually shift quickly, unlike the STS-V) then I may be a buyer again on the CTS-V.

Only time will tell.

·
Registered
403 Posts
All I have to do it press the go pedal and listen to that whine, I get hooked all over again. I will tell you though that if GM does put a blower into the new CTS-V and they option for a paddle shift automatic (that does actually shift quickly, unlike the STS-V) then I may be a buyer again on the CTS-V.

Kadonny, This is what i'm afraid of. The dealers will love guys like us but wives have to be thinking WTF.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
not at liberty to say how much, and my plan is to have a
'09 cts-v...if gm moves forward with production. truthfully i never test drove the sts-v before i bought it, i traded my 6 speed gto for it. regardless of the price, i enjoy the cts-v more. go figure.
Not at liberty to say? Since when is the amount you were given on a trade top-secret information? On top of that, we dont even know who you are much less where you work.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I know Davidstan, but I only have a 27 month lease on my V. That puts my lease over early 2009, right in line for the new CTS-V. If that thing is putting out 525 hp at 60k price with the options I want, look out.

Of course I'll see what Caddy does to the STS-V in the next 2 years and I'll look at the M5 again (always has been my dream car) along with the performance models from Audi (That freaking A7/S7 looks killer!) and Benz. The next 2 years are going to be fun in terms of peformance luxury sedans. Hang on folks!

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I know Davidstan, but I only have a 27 month lease on my V. That puts my lease over early 2009, right in line for the new CTS-V. If that thing is putting out 525 hp at 60k price with the options I want, look out.

Of course I'll see what Caddy does to the STS-V in the next 2 years and I'll look at the M5 again (always has been my dream car) along with the performance models from Audi (That freaking A7/S7 looks killer!) and Benz. The next 2 years are going to be fun in terms of peformance luxury sedans. Hang on folks!
I was thinking the exact same thing. I did a 24 month lease on my STS-V that commenced this past February so my current lease ends a few months after the new CTS-V is released (February 2009) which is a good thing. I never want the first car off the assembly line. Of course at that time, I will see what they are offering in the STS-V, if there even is one. Who knows, but I will stay in the Cadillac V-Series line of vehicles. I will never do a German car again and I would NEVER ever drive a Japanese car.

SG

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I'll never own a Japanese car, but I have owned a few German cars and had no problems with them whatsoever.

My Audi A6 2.7T ran strong for 3 plus years. Never a single problem, I don't even think I had a warranty repair. I would go German again for sure.

·
Registered
07 CTS-V FG2 & 07 SRX
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not at liberty to say? Since when is the amount you were given on a trade top-secret information? On top of that, we dont even know who you are much less where you work.

why do some people have to be so mean? not a trade secret, just my and the company i work for business.

to everyone else, sorry for the reply.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts

why do some people have to be so mean? not a trade secret, just my and the company i work for business.

to everyone else, sorry for the reply.
Did you trade the STS-V in for the CTS-V yet?

Kadonny,

After the 3 new Mercedes I had, I will never go to Mercedes ever again and nothing else in the German line of vehicles interests me. I don't like BMWs, VWs, Audis, or anything else out of the Rhineland.

The piles of crap that Mercedes builds makes anything American look like ultra high quality Japanese vehicles. Mercedes should be ashamed of their crap quality. At one time, Mercedes built the best vehicles in the world. Boy, have things changed.

SG

·
Registered
07 CTS-V FG2 & 07 SRX
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yes. i got the cts-v saturday. best handling car i have ever owned

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
You must have the performance shock package and upgraded F1 Supercar EMT tires.

I had the base shocks and the RS-A run-flats and the handling wasn't that great.

SG
I second that. The RSA tires were a bit of a disappointment.

SG, I'm not down on the Germans as much as you, in fact they are the only other country I 'm really a fan of. I would gladly take an M5, S6, RS4 or a E63 as my next car. Gladly.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
I second that. The RSA tires were a bit of a disappointment.

SG, I'm not down on the Germans as much as you, in fact they are the only other country I 'm really a fan of. I would gladly take an M5, S6, RS4 or a E63 as my next car. Gladly.
Kadonny,

My brother in law got a new 2006 M6 and has had nothing but problems with it which makes me stay away from German cars altogether. Electrical problems, tranny problems just to name a couple of the problems he has had. I think the 5 series is plagued with tranny problems from many 5 series owners I have spoken to.

SG

1 - 20 of 26 Posts