Votes: 24 41.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 14313 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Re: Squeaks, rattles, other annoyances....?

brtnharv said:
Wait a second....did you used to own a 20th anniversary GTI? Reason I'm asking is I could have swore I saw pics of your V over at vwvortex.com. But yes I'm coming from GTI also. Thanks for the info.
CLOSE! .....i owned a silver 337 (same as the 20th pretty much)!
and yes sir........that will be me!

·
Registered
58 Posts

I've had 2 rattles. One in cosole and one in rear deck. The cosole was an easy fix, the deck i fixed last night was more difficult (had to tighten woofer mount). I think most of the rattles are from stiff suspension and my B&B exhaust. My Audi had a better interior (less rattles) but i like driving CTS V better.

·
Registered
163 Posts

naiculnila said:
CLOSE! .....i owned a silver 337 (same as the 20th pretty much)!
and yes sir........that will be me!
Small world..I just sold my 20th. I couldn't take all of its "extra features" it had anymore.

Thanks for the info guys.

·
Registered
224 Posts

If u have the means man....i highly recommed you pick one up!

It's maneuverable like the 20th, but with better brakes, better suspension, and SHITLOAD more power!

btw....did i mention it hauls ass!???:thumbsup:

·
Registered
193 Posts

I love my V, but must confess some disappointment in the creaking from the flip-out ashtray style door at the bottom of the center stack, and there seems to be a creaking from somewhere at the B-pillar too. Not that I would keep form recommending the car for those reasons, but I wish my $52,000 (at least that's what the sticker says) car did not have those annoyances at less than 2000 miles.

·
Registered
142 Posts

mine has 12,xxx miles on it and I do have a few rattles and a creak (more of a buzz) that I am trying to track down and kill. But I am obsessive so I may be too critical. I rode in a buddies M-B and it had creaks, too. I think that cars all make noises. I would not let it dissuade you from an otherwise kick ass car.

·
Registered
301 Posts

5,500 miles here and what a joy to drive! No squeaks, rattles or other bad things. Go for it, you will never go back...

·
Registered
209 Posts

I'm sorry to say at 4000 miles my V no longer sounds tight. There is a very annoying rattle which I think is from the passenger seat, and there seems to be another from the back. All of a sudden the car sounds junky.

·
Registered
321 Posts

I have a minor rattle by the driver door. A huge rattle from the rear passenger side area, maybe back panel?

Had the buttons on the Nav/Radio peeling, so they replaced entire radio. Now my Nav is acting up. No satelites, GPS says out of area, and the nav does the opposite of reality (north for south, east for west, and vice versa).

I changed the tires @ 13000 miles. Not great but expected with these high performance tires. Rotate every oil change.

XM radio reception not so great in town.

If I didn't love this car I would have gotten rid of it. Looking @ E55AMG, just getting tired of shifting. I also owned a GTI VR6 about 9 years ago, loved it. Get the V, you'll love it. All cars have flaws.

Joe
New Orleans

·
Registered
163 Posts

jlakowicz said:
I'm sorry to say at 4000 miles my V no longer sounds tight. There is a very annoying rattle which I think is from the passenger seat, and there seems to be another from the back. All of a sudden the car sounds junky.
This is what I'm afriad of. My GTI did the same exact thing.

·
Registered
321 Posts

adderall said:
I've got the passenger side creak as well. I love the car though.
Rear passenger side????

Have you located it yet. It seems to get worse the hotter it is. That's why I assumed it was the back panel.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
TBJS vs. sy1172 <--oops nm he's band now

I love this forum…It has been very helpful to me and the members and moderators are some of the best of any other forums I’ve ever been associated with. The mods here seem to be the most knowledgeable mods ever and they do not mind helping all of us. All in all the members and mods make this forum and this is the best forum on the net. :thumbsup: With that in mind I have some pet peeves and I’m sure others do too.

I want to know what your pet peeves are when it comes to this forum. I’m a supporting member so I hope it doesn’t bother anyone if I give some constructive criticism. :eek:

1. I hate all the high jacking of threads that goes on here. That’s my biggest pet peeve of the forum…of course this is true of all forums.

2. I think the mods tend to lock threads too often. Like these…

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53109 so what if it’s a hot topic…can’t we post anyways?
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52757 is it really necessary to lock this? Is it dangerous to the forum?
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52623 shouldn’t this be moved instead of locked?

Seems like more threads have been locked lately. I guess I just wish the threads weren’t governed as much.

3. I’m also not a fan of morphing two threads together…instead I think if a similar titled thread comes up a mod should put a link to the older thread instead of morphing the to together. Morphing thread together will just kill the thread. I’ve had this happen to me before.

4. Should we have mods that are also distributors? Seems like a conflict of interest to me.

5. Members (mostly the newbies) not using the search function…instead they post a question that has been answered a million times.

What are some of your pet peeves?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Re: Forum Pet Peeves

Here's my pet peeve.

THE FORUM IS SLOW! =)

Oh.. and I renewed my SUPPORTING MEMBER and paid for another 6 months... but my account got reversed.. so even though I paid... I guess I'm not a support member. =(

·
Registered
22,415 Posts

When a thread is locked by a Moderator and you think it's unjust you can PM the moderator with your thoughts. I just did that this morning and the Moderator unlocked the thread. They do listen to reason.:yup:

·
Registered
22,415 Posts

When a thread is locked by a Moderator and you think it's unjust you can PM the moderator with your thoughts. I just did that this morning and the Moderator unlocked the thread. They do listen to reason.:yup:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts

PEOPLE NEED TO USE THE SEARCH FEATURE. It seems everyday all I ever read are the same threads referencing the same thing. People also need to learn how to spell. I can't tell you how many responses I read and go "what" the hell are they talking about. Ah!!!! Feel much better.:D

Shane

21 - 40 of 14313 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
14.3K Replies
432 Participants
heavymetals