Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 Catera and the front end is out of align. Can any of you guys tell me when the cars tires are on the ground should I be able to move the tie rod ends back and fourth ? I can grab the bar and rotate them back and fourth pretty easy with the load on the tires and off. Shouldnt they be hard to move especially with the load on the tires?

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
Cadillac
3 Posts
I have replaced all four tie rods on the front of my 99 catera that has 169k on it. Three were changed by cadillac while still under the 100k extended warranty. I replaced one on my own. I could tell it was bad because of excessive movement in the tire when off the ground. New tie rods are very tight so I would think that if you have play in it that they probably need changed. They are easy to do. Just make sure you get it aligned right after changing them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I took it to an Alignment shop and they replaced all the bushings in the front. They didnt say anything about the Tie rods so I guess their still ok. The car drives alot better now for sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts