Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone had a similar problem. While my car is idle a ticking sound can be heard from under the hood does anyone know what this is from ?

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6 LY7
285 Posts
Do you have 3.6L Direct Injection engine (VIN "LLT")? If so, might be high pressure
fuel injectors - search this site for 'fuel injection ticking'. I have an LY7, but just
reading past threads seems like some level of LLT fuel injector ticking is considered 'normal'.

12,776 Posts
Hi mashedpumpkin,

I understand how you could be concerned with a ticking noise from your hood, and I’m glad to see that microfuture has already given you some feedback. Although you seem to be reaching out to the forum for advice, I would be happy to discuss the possibility of working with a dealership if you are considering that option. Please feel free to send me a PM if you would like to discuss this at greater length.

Enjoy your day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,849 Posts
Definitely it is the Fuel Injection. Can you hear it with the windows closed and you are in the parking lot? I can't, but I can hear it with my windows open, or in the garage maybe. It's a non issue, even my wife's Audi has it.

Reactions: wcthunder

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,849 Posts
One of my thoughts, too.

·
Registered
Previous:2005 Cadillac XLR; Current:2014 Cadillac CTS Coupe
299 Posts
I've heard the ticking as well if I'm in a quiet area. As of this writing, there's been no explosion so I assume all is well, my wife's Lexus does the same.

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.5 DI AWD
6 Posts
My 2008 was ticking and the dealer said it was the timing chains. It was covered under a special recall

My CTS has 93000 on it. 3.5l D.I. AWD

1 - 10 of 10 Posts