Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
SRX
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Under the hood, once the engine idles down low, there's a persistent "ticking" from what would appear t be my fuel injector. Has anyone else had this issue? I've heard that it's a fairly common issue. I've tried Techron, which seems to have helped it some, but I'm wondering if I should get new injectors. Happy Holidays, Cadillacsters!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,211 Posts
Depending on the number of engine cylinders there could be 4, 6, 8 injectors happily ticking away. Normally not heard outside the engine compartment, easily heard with a stethoscope.

TECHRON is recommended once in 5,000 miles. It's powerful stuff, so go easy.

You might consider running a TopTier gasoline. TECHRON, under several licensed proprietary names, is a component of TopTier gasollines.

·
Registered
SRX
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are six cylinders in my 3.6L engine, and the sound can be heard in a fuel line (where I thought it was an injector?) almost like a really fast metronome. If not an injector, what do you think it could be, this ticking culprit? We'll isolate and identify this problem and remedy it (if it's much of a problem; I've heard a lot of Cadillac engines have this symptomatic anomaly).

·
Registered
'93 SedanDeville 60 Special
198 Posts
That has to be real messy and no assurance of cleaning several injectors well and if voltage is applied too long could
overheat the internal of injectors

If you want to make a much better way that can clean any one to 8 injectors this is what I did and you can get the parts cheap

Making Injector Cleaner setup

Here is a electronic fuel injector pulse width tool, like only $35 that allows different pulse width ON times

Fuel Injector tester

Like what the video did but with a cheap cleaner kit

Cheap Injector kit cleaner

Pro injector cleaning fluid

Pro Injector cleaning fluid

1 - 6 of 6 Posts