Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 90 Deville, 4.5L, with only 75,000 (literally bought it from a little old lady). It has decided to take on the task of accelerating on it's on. I can turn a corner at 18mph, never touch the accelerator, and be going 45mph within 2 blocks. I can cruise between 67-70 mph on the highway without using either cruise control or the gas pedal. Getting scary in town as I have to keep brake engaged to stay close to speed limit.

Been to dealer 5 times. They have changed the fuel sensor, recalibrated the sensor, changed the clips that hold the sensor, rewired everything to the sensor, still no relief.

Any Ideas?.......thanks

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
WELCOME to the forums :welcome: :welcome:
literally bought it from a little old lady
That is what makes caddy's great that is how i got mine. Well you are having the same problem that i had. It's an easy fix just time consuming. What i did was to take out the throttle body and CLEAN the hell out of it. I scrubbed all of the carbon off of it and then put it back together. Now it runs GREAT. I highly recomend doing it if you are confident in doing so. I will warn you though a lot of the rubber is going to be dry rotted so make sure that the dealer is open and you have another car.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
You can get the TB pretty clean (clean enough so it wont stick) without taking it off if you dont think your up to the task......

1 - 3 of 3 Posts