Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1959 Cadillac, 1980 Cadillac,Former 2005 CTS-V; now a 2009 V
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey got a question -

Getting ready to get an 09 V, and i've noticed on every gen2 V that i've driven, the throttle response is a looot worse than on the V1. I understand that boost has to build up, or whatever, but between mashing the gas and actually feeling the car accelerate at all is a good 1+ second.

Is that normal? Any way to change that to reduce that time??

·
Registered
Really Cool '11 CTS-V Wagon
1,087 Posts
Don't know if this addresses your concern, but if the battery has been disconnected there is a procedure required to reset the electronic throttle system.
1. Turn ignition on but do not start.
2. Leave on for 3 minutes.
3. Turn ignition off.
4. Start car and run for at least 30 seconds.

If the throttle system is not reset there will be a hesitation in throttle response.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's been like that on every car i've driven though - probably a good 4 or 5 over the last year or two.

I know that because it's an automatic there's a bit of time needed for it to downshift, but still, seems like you mash the gas, wiat a second or two, and then it takes off like a bat out of hell

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V LPE 630
209 Posts
I swapped with a buddy in Phoenix and the biggest difference I felt was the lack of throttle response in his stock V2 vs. my LPE 630

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so I'm not the only one that noticed that throttle response issue... good. Was worried I might be.

Also, with w4m's tune, will I notice an increase in dad mileage? Do I have to take it to his shop ?

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
You're talking about the transmission shifting then, not throttle response maybe. I'm doing the reset tomorrow anyway.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah i'm thinking it may be the transmission shifting actually now that i think about it, because if i have the car 'in gear' already, it's immediate, so it must be the shifts.

Still - the wait4me tune will help that issue?

·
Registered
11 CTS-V Wagon 6MT Crystal Red all options NO sunroof
531 Posts
yeah i'm thinking it may be the transmission shifting actually now that i think about it, because if i have the car 'in gear' already, it's immediate, so it must be the shifts.

Still - the wait4me tune will help that issue?
Yes it will

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
He can do a mail order tune. Having it on the dyno is best. If you go mail order tune, dyno it with tune in your area and send the file to him for changes. He has also offered to communicate directly with you while it is being dynoed. I would call him (I have had good luck calling around 9am central and reaching him). His tune includes tranny tweaks.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V (Blue Diamond Manual/Recaros/Nav/Suede/Polished)
299 Posts
I noticed the "slow" response compared to the V1 too. I didn't like the way the car doesn't pour on the boost right away...until I tracked the car. After that, I felt the throttle and boost schedule are perfect. Makes it very easy to be smooth coming out of a turn. And no-lift shift keeps the car from dropping boost.

That said, I would like an "Anti-Prius Mode" that allows instant boost and tons of tire smoke.

C

·
0 Posts
Ok so I'm not the only one that noticed that throttle response issue... good. Was worried I might be.

Also, with w4m's tune, will I notice an increase in dad mileage? Do I have to take it to his shop ?
Another reason why I got the 6spd manual. No issues like that right out of the box, plus I get 22mpg consistently. I didn't have to pay extra for any of that:cool2:

·
Registered
CTS-V
213 Posts
Your V1 was drive by cable compared to the V2 which is drive by wire. My GTO, Vette, and CTS-V all have a smoother albeit slower throttle response initially.

·
Registered
2010 Escalade, 2011 CTS-V Wagon
5 Posts
Not sure if this applies, but it seems late model (do they still use that term?) auto Camaro's have a known condition of hesitation and slow acceleration. Seems to be linked with running lower octane fuel at some point and then the brain in the system not being smart enough to remap itself to higher octane fuel.

Involves some pulling certain fuses overnite and then reinserting them. Sounds weird, so do your homework. GM has weighed in on this to the dealer network. Check out the website. I'd post the link but I am too new, and have had too little to share to date.

Saw this on the Camaro5.com website...its a sticky in their performance forum.

Smart folks on our site will be quick to dismiss or not. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your V1 was drive by cable compared to the V2 which is drive by wire. My GTO, Vette, and CTS-V all have a smoother albeit slower throttle response initially.
Pretty certain that the V1 was drive-by-wire

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i
1,840 Posts
Don't know if this addresses your concern, but if the battery has been disconnected there is a procedure required to reset the electronic throttle system.
1. Turn ignition on but do not start.
2. Leave on for 3 minutes.
3. Turn ignition off.
4. Start car and run for at least 30 seconds.

If the throttle system is not reset there will be a hesitation in throttle response.
Where did this procedure come from? I had a perceived problem with part-throttle kickdowns as well as occasional stumbles when going suddenly to 3/4 or more throttle. It's only been a few days since I've tried it this procedure, but it seems to have addressed these problems. I need to test under more varied conditions, but I hope this was it! Thanks for sharing!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts