Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe my car is not running correctly. I need some assistance in understanding if what I am experiencing is normal idiosyncrasies of the supercharged engine or what.

My car is a previously owned 2012 six speed manual with just over 6k miles. Just to let you guys know I’ve driven manual transmissions all my life and I have never experienced this situation before.

Under spirited driving techniques which I will simply describe as shifting quickly under moderate throttle, the engine rev’s up 500 rpm once the clutch pressed. This is a repeatable event: Drive moderate speed, press in throttle about half way down, release throttle, press in clutch, engine revs 500 rpm. Under full throttle driving episodes the engine revs even higher, but I’m too busy watching the road to see how high. When I drive like an old lady, the car reaction is normal.

My first I thought (probably the same as yours) is that I was somehow pressing the clutch down before the throttle was completely released. I can assure you this is not the case. This process can be stepped through each time. 1. Press throttle, 2. Release throttle, 3. Press clutch: Engine revs.

The only other 6M I’ve driven was the one I told you guys about with 20k miles and a burned out clutch, and then a brand new one with a sales dude in the car. I was not about the get too aggressive with either car, or whatever spirited driving I did do, I do not remember this response.

I have not had this car in for service yet, so I have no idea what I am in for from the dealer. My nightmare scenario is that the service manager will tell me that this is a normal occurrence from the buildup of manifold pressure. Or some made up story about throttle by wire is not as fast to react…. I’m thinking not, but have you ever heard of this before? TSB on this? Any help or ideas? Thank you in advance. Oh, and the only mod on the car is a chrome license plate holder.

12,778 Posts
Uebele, I know you're seeking opinions from other owners, but I just wanted to jump on this thread to let you know Customer Service is available to step in and follow up with your dealer on your behalf if you have any concerns while working with them towards a resolution. My email address is [email protected], and I'm happy to investigate further for you (check for recalls, etc.) whenever you wish.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
I'd go to the dealer first before getting all worked up over internet answers. I've had excellent service while others have not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts