Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read all the BS and jokes now get damn serious who the hell makes a throotle body spacer for a 2007 CTS 3.6 that will fit. Don't reply with more BS jokes-need an answer without Stupid BS antidotes PLESSE

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the throttle body spacer usually has two functions:
One, it insulates the throttle body from the heat of the engine, allowing for a cooler air charge.
Two, It can act like a velocity stack, smoothing out the airflow and letting it get back up to speed as it enters the engine.

there are no throttle body spacers for the 3.6L. there is not a lot of room under the hood for them and then the volant intake won't work. sucks, I know. Plus the arrangement of the intake does not lend to easily making a spacer.

luckily our MAF is in a seperate unit that is away from engine heat so the car always sees a cooler air charge. Heating of the throttle body is not an issue.
Please someone without a effin opinion please answer one effin question w/o the drama and BS WHO YHE HELL MAKES A THROTTLE BODY SPACER FOR A 2007 CTS

·
-Administrator- 2002.5 F55 STS 2014 FWD Explorer
66,587 Posts
Try something like a Google search - "cadillac forums 3.6 engine throttlebody spacer".

Your two recent posts from a thread that has been dead since 2007 have been merged and moved into this essentially identical thread.

Please tone down the language and get the chip off your shoulder or you're gone from CF forever. Please read this, from the Site Rules that you signed when you registered as a CF member - https://www.cadillacforums.com/threads/inappropriate-language.127303/

Welcome to CF. How's it going in Bawlmer ?

·
Registered
465 Posts
Google it. Try the basics first, something like "Cadillac CTS throttle body spacer". I did and found nothing. Also searched the forums... no luck except everyone being on the same page of them not being useful.

Do that before going Chihuahua on a forum designed to help you. We completely understand your point about don't blow the subject up, just get you information. The "drama" comes from the fact that it is a fact they do no good and some are really adamant about it being known and joke heavily about it. Just move on.

The thread has been dead for a reason. No throttle body spacers for these cars as the intake manifold, runners, plenum, etc. are already about the best they can get. Not many performance parts at all for our cars, which, as you probably found by now, are slim to none for the non-V CTS.

·
Super Moderator 2003 Deville Base SEMPER PARATUS
4,323 Posts
Please someone without a effin opinion please answer one effin question w/o the drama and BS WHO YHE HELL MAKES A THROTTLE BODY SPACER FOR A 2007 CTS
I don't have an opinion on the TB spacer. I do have an opinion about your attitude but I don't think you'll like it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts