Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '02 6.0. Starting recently, if i reverse slow or pull forward slow then stop (more in reverse) the truck will just stall out, the times it doesnt stall the rpm's drop almost to zero. i was told this is probably because of a dirty throttle body so i had it cleaned twice. the problem isn't getting any better. So basically i want to know if the throttle body just reaches a point where it needs to be replaced or is it something else all together? Truck has 110k

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
Stalling out is not r/t the throttle body IMO. Rough idling and being slow to start is symptomatic of a dirty TB. If you've cleaned it twice I'd say it's time to move on and look for another cause.

Are you running a cold air induction?

·
Registered
'01 Pearl White - Sold 10/11, '09 Raven Black :)
737 Posts
1. When was the last time you did a full tune up (Spark plugs, wires, etc.)?

2. Also, are you sure there are no vacuum leaks?

3. Have you checked the throttle body control motor (if equipped)?

4. Have you checked the Idle Air Control Valve?

5. Check all wiring connectors and connections to all sensors around the motor as well.

All I can think of right now... good luck!

·
Registered
Cadillac Escalade
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At a normal idle its at like 5 -600. i doubt its the gas because i recently got a new fuel pump and filter, i always run 93, and harldly ever let it go below a quarter tank. Spark plugs i definaltely should check. Didnt even think about the MAF. Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
Dirty MAF sensor is where I was going with the "do you run a CAI" question. Buy a can of MAFS cleaner at an auto parts store and give the element a good spritz. Please don't spray that element with anything other then MAFS cleaner!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts