Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V black diamond coupe
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a AirRaid CAI and plan to do the WeaponX stage1 when my warranty is up next year. For now I want to get my throttle body ported and am trying to decide between Tony Mamo/NewEra hand porting or Vmax CNC porting. Is there a significantdifference between the techniques?

Thanks,

Steve D
2012 CTS-V Black Diamond coupe/6sp

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
I don't know about the New Era but, I am happy with my Vmax ported throttle body. Excellent product. Pete Incaudo is the owner and a stand up guy.

·
Registered
CTS-V 2010
219 Posts
Check out the video on the V Max sight. It will show you a hand ported throttle body and on done on the CNC. Not to say all hand ported are flawed, but it would seem to me that CNC is the way to go. Smooth porting verses rough has been debated over and over though tests seem to lean toward rough surfaces for this application. I am going with the port job from V Max. I have not asked if I can have mine done and returned to me and not to use mine as a trade form already done. That's just the way I am. Good luck on whatever one you choose.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
I bought a ported TB outright and have my original TB wrapped up on a shelf in the garage. Just in case I want to swap them out prior to a dealership visit.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V
15 Posts
I have a AirRaid CAI and plan to do the WeaponX stage1 when my warranty is up next year. For now I want to get my throttle body ported and am trying to decide between Tony Mamo/NewEra hand porting or Vmax CNC porting. Is there a significantdifference between the techniques?

Thanks,

Steve D
2012 CTS-V Black Diamond coupe/6sp
Good question, as ive always wanted to know the differences too. But it seems like some make it seem like all porting isnt the same, like others like Formato ports somewhat differently for more flow, but there are others like G-Force, and Venegence who port also, but I dont get the differences in what either of them do :confused:

·
Registered
2009 cts-v
176 Posts
I switched to the vmax TB about 6 months ago and I am having problems with it. As confirmed on computer the TB is opening and closing rapidly during off the gas decel. like when you come to a light or stop sign, foot off the gas pedal. My tuner is trying to get it swapped out with a replacement but it has been two weeks so we have not driven it because this situation causes the car to surge and buck and I Don't want it to stick open that can be dangerous. Has anyone else had this happen????

·
Registered
CTS-V
66 Posts
You can't beat the V Max for the price. Call and talk to Pete. He's very knowledgeable and willing to discuss it with you.

·
Registered
2009 cts-v
176 Posts
I have heard Pete is a good guy also. Matt Kesatie out of Sarasota FL. is a good friend of his and is getting it swapped out for me. Matt is a great tuner in our area and was able to find the problem with one 5 min. test drive.

·
Registered
CTS-V 2010
219 Posts
Here are some before and after pictures of my TB. Done by VMAX. Have not driven the "V" yet, just started it and ran it in the driveway as the roads still have salt on them. Than I will run a log and send it to my tuner for tweaking the tune.
Throttle Body 001.jpg
Throttle Body 005.jpg
throttle body Ported 005 (3).jpg
throttle body Ported 005 (4).jpg
throttle body Ported 005.jpg
Throttle Body 002.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts