Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Catera
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 2000 Catera with a snapped timing belt. I planned to fix it and sell it, but I like it so much I'm going to sell my other car and keep the Catera.

When I bought the car the upper intake was already off and misc. parts were in the trunk. I put on new (used) heads, timed it up, and figured out where most of the 20 million hoses connect to. Car runs great, nice and smooth.

After about 20 miles, the check engine light came on.
P1120 TPS circuit 1
P1220 TPS circuit 2
P0171 Sys lean bank 1
P0174 Sys lean bank 2

My main question is this - is there supposed to be anything connected to the small vac nipple on the bottom of the throttle body? According to AllData it is an atmospheric vent but there is supposed to be a hose attached to it? Does it just sit open or is there supposed to be a line running somewhere?

I am going to try cleaning the MAF and see if that helps the lean codes but I'm still scratching my head for the TPS codes. Anything else I should try?

Thanks!

·
Registered
Catera
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the link to the Omega vac. line diagram, but it doesn't show anything for the throttle body.

Can anyone take a peek under their hood and see :worship:

·
Registered
Catera
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found it!

It's the line that runs straight back to the fuel pressure regulator. I knew that line was there but once you put the intake plenum on it is completely obstructed from view. Almost needed a pair of pliers to get it in place but it's connected now. We'll see if that takes care of the CEL.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts