Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!!!! I'm new to this forum. Please help me as I do not know much about this car.

I drive a '97 Seville SLS and my book says "inspect throttle body bore and valve plate" every 30,000 miles. How important is this and what does it entail?
Can anybody but the dealer do this?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Big Jake

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Welcome aboard!!! Thanks for signing up, we're glad you are here :wave:

As far as I know, it would be inspecting it for excessive amounts of dirt or cracks....... Its a good idea to do.....

Basically, you'll just need to take off the air intake hose and look at the throttle plate.... Move it to WOT (so its facing like this ----) and make sure there isnt an excessive amount of crap built up in it......

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
You're inspecting it for carbon deposits and there WILL be plenty. Removal should be done with a rag and some suitable solvent like throttlebody cleaner or carburetor cleaner.
When I do mine, I get as much off as I can with the rag rapped around my finger and then I start it up and spray the little bit out of the corners that you can't get to with your finger. In order to start it with the air inlet disconnected, you must disconnect the MAF (just unplug it).

·
Registered
1994 STS - pearl white
140 Posts
Katshot said:
In order to start it with the air inlet disconnected, you must disconnect the MAF (just unplug it).
Excellent tip! I'll have to try that on my Aerostar. It's due for a throttle body cleaning & I hate having to unbolt the upper intake - it's recessed too far under the firewall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts