Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
01 740iL, 99 Z28, 06 SRX V8 rwd
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm headed to the Cadillac of Crossovers drive event this weekend to see how the 2010 SRX matches up against the BMW X5, MB GLK, and Lexus RX. It spurred me to write a bit about why I like the original SRX so much. It's a quandry - I like the 04-09 because of qualities that the 2010 doesn't really have, but I see why Caddy did what they did with the 2010 and think it will sell better because of the changes.

If you care to take a look, here's the link http://eastbounddown.com/2009/11/coming-soon-2010-cadillac-srx-v-lexus-rx350-bmw-x5-and-mercedes-glk/

I've also got links to most all the Car and Driver articles on the 04-09 SRX from their first drive of a prototype to the comparo where an 07 Northstar SRX comes in 2nd, in between an all new 07 X5 and 07 MDX.

·
Registered
2004 Cadillac SRX AWD, V-8
10 Posts
I bet Caddi doesn't have the cajones to have an original SRX N* AWD there to drive along side these other contenders.

·
Registered
2004 Seville/2008 SRX
50 Posts
We had the invite to drive the 2010 SRX and others in San Jose CA. Very nice, doesn't have some of the earlier features but competes well against the Lexus, etc. I'll definitely look at the 2010/2011 when we're ready for a new one.

·
Registered
01 740iL, 99 Z28, 06 SRX V8 rwd
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know I would like an original Northstar SRX better, but I don't think everyone would. If you're looking for a smaller, not as performance oriented as the original SRX crossover, the 2010 is a nice piece of machinery. The interior, though smaller than what i need/want, is extremely nice - not only does everything feel good, but everything looks good - even little things like the trim around the rear seat armrest impress.

I was concerned that it would feel underpowered (base engine 3.0 V6 front wheel drive models - turbos aren't due out until late November) but on the short city route we drove, it didn't feel bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts