Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Male: "my mom gave me dolls to play with... ...dare greatly". Really? I like gay people and am all for gay marriage etc. but come on what kind of image is cadillac making for its drivers?? So they move their hq to manhatten and this is what happens?? O boy. I can just see the boardroom with 6 tweens with tight jeans convincing the head of marketing to make this. Thoughts?

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Well the commercial does nothing for me as far as making me want a Cadillac, but I don't think it necessarily has anything to do with homosexuality.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
In a way, just putting that commercial on the air was "daring". I get the point of the commercial and give GM/Cadillac credit for producing it . I also liked the one with Steve Wozniak.

C

·
0 Posts
Yeh the Steve Wozniak commercial actually caught my attention only because of how fast he was talking in the commercial.

All you have to do is read interviews with Melody Lee " director of brand and reputation strategy" to see where Cadillac is trying to go with all of this.

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
Personally, I am waiting for the highpoint of this Cadillac ad campaign when they have Mahatma Ghandi sitting in his dhoti spinning his spinning wheel and captioned with one of his famous quotes ..... ending with "Dare to be Different!"

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
I was being facetious, I am well aware of Miss Lee's believe and commitment to the "cult of the brand." I also realize that the "cult of the brand" is now a major factor in product selection among young Americans, just as it has been for decades for Japanese, Korean, European and now Chinese consumers. I hope she has come up with a successful ad campaign for Cadillac ..... but something just doesn't feel right ..... but time will tell!

·
Registered
1992 Fleetwood S&S Hearse, 1993 Buick Roadmaster
567 Posts
I think letting your male kid play with dolls and a sewing machine is FAR from daring. I played dolls with my sisters, and sometimes when they weren't around, by myself. But I am a straight, married man. It wasn't daring, it was just a kid doing what kids do. If that is Cadillac's, or anybody's, idea of daring, I wouldn't expect a whole lot of "exciting" to come from them. Some hipster in tight pants telling me about how brave his mom is? Not gonna affect my car buying one bit. I guess the aim was to "imply" that the kid in the commercial is gay? Maybe more members of the LBGT community who dress like idiots will buy a luxury car now? It'll make regional gatherings more flavorful I guess. More people talking about Glee.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts