Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Deville concours
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my car into a place that has a custom exhaust bender an set up to have 3" pipe coming off the cat to 2.5" Y pipe into flowmaster delta flow 40 mufflers. Talk to him 3xs about it. Get the car back an has factory 2.5" pipe into a cobbled Y pipe that goes from 2.25" down to 2" then back to 2.25" into super 40 mufflers. So basically nothing was right. If I wanted the factory exhaust pipe I would have put it on myself at my shop. After going back an forth with him, he says he'll look at it, but says 3" won't fit nor will the 2.5" Y pipe. It appears there's plenty of room under there an the way he has it now it's hanging down way too far. There's 3 3/4" between the heat shield an pipe in front of the rear tire an over 2" between the Y pipe an rear axle bar. He said he can't bend the 3" pipe up closer to the heat shield. It comes off the cat fine an has over an inch clearance but turns down in the loop towards the back an has almost 4" clearance there. This is where the old pipe would hit the ground also. I read on here about people doing 3" to 2.5" on here, so is it that hard. I would really like a pic of it on a 93 to 95 if possible. I'm a mechanic but don't have a bender, but it looks pretty easy, just may take a little time.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,520 Posts
About the same platform......here's my 2002 CORSA....lots of room if done correctly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts