Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
04 CTS, on my 2nd 2010 CTS wagon
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to mount my radar detector and other things to the dash. Nothing sticks to that plastic and I want to stay away from glue. 3m adhesive does nothing. Suggestions?

·
Registered
CTS 2003 3.2 L 4 door Standard Transmission
30 Posts
Your unit probably came, as did mine, with a mounting suction cup, for the windshield. As the detector detects much better the higher up but is illegal in many areas I attach mine to my lower right , drivers, windshield corner. Picks up, far superior than attaching to the dash. If your intent on dash just buy some velcro patches. Will adhere to dash and adhesive can be easily cleaned with numerous commercial solutions with no damage to dash.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Georgous said:
Your unit probably came, as did mine, with a mounting suction cup, for the windshield. As the detector detects much better the higher up but is illegal in many areas I attach mine to my lower right , drivers, windshield corner. Picks up, far superior than attaching to the dash. If your intent on dash just buy some velcro patches. Will adhere to dash and adhesive can be easily cleaned with numerous commercial solutions with no damage to dash.
The back of the Velcro does not stick. Last thing I tried. And I have a tinted windshield I'm sure it would mess up anything but I don't really want the suction thing on the windshield if you get my drift.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,804 Posts
I say remove the dashboard. The part with then center speaker grill and headlight sensor. Under there you should be able to find something to mount a piece of metal that can poke out between the two dashboard pieces.

It's pretty simple to remove that piece too. Just use a puddy knife and twist it ever so slightly as you move from one side to the other.

KOT

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Georgous said:
Has not impacted the tinted window of my car.
Ok I might just go with it and put it there. Sounds good. Thanks! Now for other things though. Like I have a microphone in my car and the Walki talky thing I want to mound to the left of my radio so I can easily grab it. I got Velcro and that didn't stick. That would be perfect cus I could remove it and adhere as I pleased

1 - 6 of 6 Posts