Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Tanner PM'd me earlier this week about hitting up the local U-Pull for some parts for his recently purchased '89 Coupe deVille. So I said hell yeah and asked Brian if he wanted to go junkyardin' too and he was up for it so we ventured out into the 94 degree weather today and killed some time at the junkyard this morning.

I didn't know "Macaroni and Cheese Yellow" was a color offered by BMW in 1990. :bigroll:

First time I've ever seen a Triumph in a junkyard....

Gee Rick, you gave up on that Brougham so quickly! :p

Even the interior matches, well without the black piping.

Tall hood......or a short man. You tell me.

'83 Toronado...I always liked these cars.

Some of the best seats I've ever sat in. This was an '84 Town Car Signature Series. Deep, contoured well, the material was soooooooo soft and plush and even the carpeting felt like fine fur.

Haha WTF a riced out Tempo, note the racing stripe.

Killswitch Engage!

Name that motor.

Tanner pulling the power steering line off a white '89 Sedan deVille.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
What a beast! '78 Town Car

The hood measured out to 58 inches!

Not in bad shape at all...interior felt no bigger than the '84 Town Car, actually, it felt kinda small given the size of the car.

Looking down the hood.

'81 Fleetwood Brougham D'Elegance. Not in bad shape, had the 8-6-4. The whole interior, save for the dashboard was stripped down to the metal. Somebody wanted those seats bad.

The only Spring Edition I've ever seen in the beige color I have.

Haha, and you wonder why it's in the junkyard....

Must have been dropping it off....

This is what it was like outside at about 3:40 this afternoon. At 11 AM when we headed out, it was 87* and sunny, not a cloud in the sky. It stormed real good for about an hour and a half this afternoon.

So all in all, I think we all spent about $16.00 there today. Tanner got the power steering line that he needed for his Coupe and Brian got the trunk chrome molding off of that '81 Fleetwood. And I got a center cap off of one of the wheelcovers on that '78.

·
Registered
1996 DeVille, 1985 Brougham SAGE GREEN!
2,750 Posts
Awesome pics! I need to hit up some of the local yards soon. I used to go all the time. Maybe this weekend.

·
Registered
1993 SedanDeville (RIP), 2006 CTS (current)
3,338 Posts
Sounds like you enjoyed yourself, man. Did you get any parts for your Deville? I was able to get all the parts I needed to repair broken mouldings and chrome on both sides of my Deville for $30 once.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nevermind the junker

was the chick in the orange hot?

Haha, I'm surprised somebody noticed. She wasn't too shabby, but considering some of the other women that frequent junkyards, she was a perfect 10.

Sounds like you enjoyed yourself, man. Did you get any parts for your Deville? I was able to get all the parts I needed to repair broken mouldings and chrome on both sides of my Deville for $30 once.
I didn't grab anything for my car, I don't think I need anything right now.

NICE PICS! Someone ruined that once-beautiful BMW E34.

Oh and I didn't take any pictures, but there were two W126's there. A 420SEL that was pretty much stripped and a 300SEL that still had the front seats in it, but I couldn't get in it because somebody took the door handles and therefore I could not open the door.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh, forgot this one!

News to me, but that Brougham's hood is wider than it is tall. I'm 5'6" and that hood was almost as tall as me, but Brian's like 6'2" and he's a tad taller.

I would have liked to have gotten a picture of me standing next to that '78 Town Car's hood, but it was still attached to both springs, whereas the hood on this '89 was basically hanging free.

·
Registered
2005 Escalade 6.0L 2WD, 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited CRD
3,725 Posts
I love junk yards! I've spent my fair share in them scrounging for Cadillac parts. :)

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^ Yep! What gave it away?

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ah, and I never thought I'd see a SHO at U-Pull.

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
Why not? It may have been a great motor, but it was still surrounded by a lousy car.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
haha.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Amigo, that is just plain mean. :highfive:

Hahaha just joking! We wouldn't actually hit it, just make it look like it. Nice play on words there.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Hope we haven't got any Perouda fans here...

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
didnt do any damage to a toyota ?

come on ....thats the whole reason i go and bring my sledge along .....i try to do as much damage tot he hard componets so i know that none of that car will help another corolla get back on the road .....

THEY MUST ALL BE STERILIZED !!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts