Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2014 XTS AWD, Luxury, Graphite Metallic
13 Posts
It looks very nice. When I got my XTS I never even really considered Lincoln because, while I did like some things about the MKZ, the MKS is boring...the Continental would have at least gotten my attention - hope they do convert to that new grill style

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Not wowed by the exterior styling, nice interior.

·
Registered
77 CDV, 06 DTS III, 69 FWB
10,022 Posts
Well it's about damn time. Too bad about the six cylinder engine, though. Ford chokes at the finish line yet again.

·
Registered
1992 Fleetwood S&S Hearse, 1993 Buick Roadmaster
567 Posts
Puts me in mind of recent Bentley cars. I'm a little undecided on the grill design, though I like the fact that it's a large grill. The interior looks like a private jet or something. A lot of class.

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
I have not been a big Lincoln fan, but when I have been attracted to Lincoln it has always been called a "Continental." But then I have not been known to love all Cadillacs either, most of the Cadillacs that I have owned have been called Sevilles.

Lincoln has produced some of the Great cars of the last 60 years of the Twentieth Century. In each case the car has carried the Continental nameplate. I hope Lincoln is successful in bringing yet another true "luxury" car to the market place, ..... and let's hope that Cadillac does the same.

I like the idea of keeping a car's technology as inconspicuous as possible, especially in a luxury car. Beautifully, yet elegantly conservative, styling combined with top quality materials and finishes, and quiet isolation from the surrounding noise pollution are the key elements I would look for in an owner driven/chauffeur driven car.

·
Registered
2012 cadillac cts coupe and a 2004 retro bird
533 Posts
Submariner409 said:
Very Lincoln-ish and, if it does go to production, will eat "Cadillac" alive in the luxury car market.
You have got to be kidding.

·
Registered
2005 Deville
164 Posts
Needs bigger wheels because who wants a comfortable ride. And all the chrome on the dash should be great for blinding glare.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,423 Posts
You have got to be kidding.
Absolutely dead-pan serious. Cadillac is building cookie-cutter crap nowadays.

When the STS gives up it's Goodbye GM.

----------

Needs bigger wheels because who wants a comfortable ride.
Of course, you can always poke through the aftermarket wheels threads in CTS.

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
I have to agree with Sub. But we will have to see what Cadillac comes up with in the next couple of years, but if I had to make a decision today it would not be for Cadillac.

·
Registered
2012 cadillac cts coupe and a 2004 retro bird
533 Posts
I do not consider my CTS coupe to be cookie-cutter crap but that's my opinion and you have yours.

·
Registered
2011 Crown Vic LX, 2009 Chevy Malibu 2LT
5,607 Posts
Absolutely dead-pan serious. Cadillac is building cookie-cutter crap nowadays.

When the STS gives up it's Goodbye GM.

----------

Of course, you can always poke through the aftermarket wheels threads in CTS.
And your STS - it' was far from cookie cutter, right?

·
Administrator
68,423 Posts
Correct. There were precious few F55 Seville Touring Sedans made compared to the total FWD STS production. Glad you noticed.

Of the 229,462 FWD N* STS built over the model run, 12,303, or about 5% were F55. "Cookie cutter" enough ?

(of course that discounts the qualifier "nowadays".)

·
Registered
2011 Crown Vic LX, 2009 Chevy Malibu 2LT
5,607 Posts
So, a mere suspension option on a mass-produced vehicle that shares it's underpinnings across it's brands other models, plus more from other makes, is all it takes to disqualify... you should probably consider the big picture before you throw the term COOKIE CUTTER around. By your definition, my Crown Vic isn't cookie cutter either (oh dear).

Yippee!

·
Administrator
68,423 Posts
So, a mere suspension option ........................
Ah, but it wasn't an option. ALL STS from 01-15-02 through the end of production in 12/03 were F55 cars. All 12,303. :yawn:

As far as your Crown Vic goes, I guess there was also a pretty fair number built - but if you lay your hands on a decent "police" model that sort of takes it out of the mainstream, no ?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts