Registered
'09 CTS-V Monster
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Excellent review/farewell to the V2's. GM/Cadillac did this one right! :)

·
Registered
2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)
4,537 Posts
Hell yeah. Any V makes a great road-trip car. This will be an automotive "icon" my son will be looking back wistfully at, probably forgetting that his Daddy keeps one in the garage. Hopefully, he doesn't forget that he went to Washington, DC and Disney World in a V sedan, and to Philly, the Grand Canyon, Mount Rushmore, and Yellowstone in a V wagon.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)
1,654 Posts
Good stuff and we've all been, and continue to be, lucky. I don't believe that cars are good investments, but I'll be willing to bet a little money that all flavors of the V2 will be classics in a few decades. I'll probably be below the grass by then, but I'm enjoying my V2 6 yrs. and counting, and that's what cars are for, besides basic transportation, but only car guys know that. For me the new CTS-V and ATS-V leave me a little cold. The C7 and Shelby GT350 are exciting, so maybe it's time for great n/a V8's again. Don't want to compromise with a blown V6 or an automatic transmission.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,823 Posts
I'm taking my Vagon on its first real road trip with wife and dog. Not too far, just about 3-4 hours, a good shakedown cruise with my wife and my new exhaust. We'll see if she likes it or not.

I will.

·
Registered
ZIP
51,864 Posts
Low mileage V1s can fetch low 20s all day. In a few years, I can see them going up in price closer to purchase price.

----------

I'm taking my Vagon on its first real road trip with wife and dog. Not too far, just about 3-4 hours, a good shakedown cruise with my wife and my new exhaust. We'll see if she likes it or not.

I will.
I thought you said real?

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,823 Posts
Other than my drive from Michigan when I bought my Vagon she has not left the area and driven more than an hour. Now for a smilin' drive.

·
Registered
14,823 Posts
Jacksonville is a great area. Minimal snowbirds, minimal "blue hairs". My drive this weekend is through a national park, a two lane beauty. Minimal traffic and I bypass the dreaded whore mouse area of the state.

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
The V Coupe is an absolute head turner!! I have so much fun driving mine everyday! I will miss it when my lease is up or when I transition to the V3! Wish I could keep my V Coupe when I get the V3!

·
Registered
14,823 Posts
All it takes is money, my friend! Nothing but a Capitalist Tool. :cheers:

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
tinman said:
Jacksonville is a great area. Minimal snowbirds, minimal "blue hairs". My drive this weekend is through a national park, a two lane beauty. Minimal traffic and I bypass the dreaded whore mouse area of the state.
Anything to avoid Orlando, absolutely. The only area in the southeast with worse traffic would be Atlanta IMO.

----------

GM-4-LIFE said:
The V Coupe is an absolute head turner!! I have so much fun driving mine everyday! I will miss it when my lease is up or when I transition to the V3! Wish I could keep my V Coupe when I get the V3!
My plan is to keep my V coupe and pick up a gently (ha ha) used V3 in a few years. Having cake and eating it too! :)

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
NO WHERE AND I MEAN NOWHERE IN THE U.S. has traffic like here in Los Angeles and my genius ass decided to get a manual V Coupe to battle traffic with it! Even battling traffic, the manual V is just a blast to drive. Very few cars are as rewarding to drive, but I do welcome an 8L90 powered V3 when I get sick and tired of the manual trans. You can only take so much abuse!

·
Registered
2012 CTSV coupe
1,585 Posts
I'd take anything right now. I thought I'd never say this about my home state but i hate Michigan for its cold just as much as i hate California for its taxes. Im going to Texas, Florida, or Louisiana unless my job forces me to go elsewhere.

·
Registered
Raven Black 2016 ATS-V Sedan A8
526 Posts
I'd take anything right now. I thought I'd never say this about my home state but i hate Michigan for its cold just as much as i hate California for its taxes. Im going to Texas, Florida, or Louisiana unless my job forces me to go elsewhere.
Those are very hot places in the summer. What about New Mexico, weather shouldn't be too bad in the winter? Any V owners living down there?

·
Registered
14,823 Posts
No state income tax in either Texas or Florida. We have seasons here in Jacksonville. I live near the beach and love it.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,840 Posts
vfaninva said:
Anything to avoid Orlando, absolutely. The only area in the southeast with worse traffic would be Atlanta IMO. ----------
Live in Orlando, driven in Atlanta. Yeah, I'd have to agree. Although I-95 in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area sucks, too.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts