Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Fleetwood
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or not. 1991 Fleetwood FWD seems to put out very little air out of the vents on high blower speed. I have also looked at the diagnostics and P 2.0 was 17.9! Is that even possible? The blower sounds like its running on high, but the air flow seems moderate at best. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Justin

·
Registered
27 Posts
Justin-
It sounds like the HVAC doors may be out of position. In the HVAC case, there are 3 or 4 doors that control temperature and air distribution. If the blower is running well, the doors may be mispositioned and blocking the airflow. Do you have good airflow in heater or defroster modes?
It is also possible that the blower is turning backwards. Try reversing the wires to the blower and see if that makes a difference.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,982 Posts
Check the HVAC housing on the firewall for cracks or missing pieces. They are known to dry out and get brittle. If that is the case, then most of you air is going out under the hood.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Fleetwood
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sircrunch nailed it! Man was that thing dirty! Took a whole lot of cleaning but got some nice air flow now, and the vents get down to 44 degrees instead of 62! Thanks for all the help guys. Anyone ever fit a cabin filter to one of these cars before?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,982 Posts
I just did one on my daughter '04 Grand Am, but never on one of these. Probably doable with some imagination and fabrication.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts