Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep getting nailed. :mad2:

Oh well, I noticed it while changing to my drag radials. So the real story is I bettered my time to a 10:91 @ 127.5. Time slip posted in the 1/4 mile section.

I came home and pulled the nail and the tire went psssssssssss. :annoyed:

·
Registered
(V)icious Coupe
709 Posts
Sorry to hear that man....Was it a new, or slightly used tire? I hope it was near replacement time....

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very close to replacement time. I've got 12,000 on the stock set now. They are still hanging in there above the wear bars but it looks like it's time to get a set.

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
Maybe you actually need the Zero Pressures, huh??????????

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2016 CTS-V
229 Posts
That sucks, and I know it. I've had 2 nails in 2 different tires on my E63 in the past 2 WEEKS!! Thank God for Discount Tire and their free flat repair.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Knock on wood, no nails in 18,300 miles. I am gonna try and stretch these PS2 through one more season. Because I swap rims/tires every winter, the PS2 have seen under 10,000 miles.

Do you live or drive through construction areas where nails may have dropped off truck beds?

·
Registered
none
2 Posts
Nails sit in low spots in the road...they get knocked around until they find a place to sit. Do you make a point of missing ALL potholes, manhole covers, etc? I used to lose a couple motorcycle tires a year til i started avoiding those spots.....

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Knock on wood, no nails in 18,300 miles. I am gonna try and stretch these PS2 through one more season. Because I swap rims/tires every winter, the PS2 have seen under 10,000 miles.

Do you live or drive through construction areas where nails may have dropped off truck beds?
Not anymore. The first one may have been from that but the other two may have been residual nails in the gutter or from the possible addition of a neighbors sun room, though I think I picked them up 8-10 miles from the house. The second one I barely made it home and the monitor came on at the traffic light, I pulled up to the garage and it was already down to 21. 3 more minutes and I would have been testing out that little repair kit or roadside assistance.

·
Banned
2009 CTS-V
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nails sit in low spots in the road...they get knocked around until they find a place to sit. Do you make a point of missing ALL potholes, manhole covers, etc? I used to lose a couple motorcycle tires a year til i started avoiding those spots.....
Yes, I'm really careful. This one actually turned out to be a huge staple from like a pallet or something. Pretty soft metal but it had fangs!

·
Registered
2017 CTS-V
338 Posts
My last car I picked up a Fender Bolt with only 600 miles on the tires. The GY runflats on a Z are not cheap. Thank goodness for the tire warranty. The tire shop couldn't believe the size of the bolt in the tire. They did patch it till the new tire came in a few days later.

·
Registered
Cadillac
145 Posts
On the way to work is a scrapyard where nails and such are plentiful on the road. After several flats in several years I no longer drive that road. There appears to be no effort by the owner, Summit Steel, to limit the problems.

·
Registered
05 SRX; 09 V
273 Posts
I've seen roofers and framers with power staplers and nailers shoot their fasteners in the air. Some of them end up in the street. So stay away from any construction sites.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts