Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 CTS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! New to the forum and I've been reading for awhile but finally registered!

I do have a question...I walked out to a sad sight this morning as I noticed the brake light cover was cracked and chipped off..The light still does work. I haven't found anywhere I can find just the cover without including a whole new light. Is this possible? I would hate to fork up the extra cash without needing to. It's just the plastic that is broke.

Thank you and I look forward to posting here in the future!

·
Registered
11 CTS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Meant to include a picture of it..BTW, if this is the wrong forum, i apologize..mods, feel free to move.

IMG_20150614_194235_zpsyd6qxh8g.jpg

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,166 Posts
Try a junkyard. Other than that, you're going to have to buy the "package".

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts
I would want to know how it happened.
I'm betting it's due to closing the trunk using the 3rd light! I haven't seen another complaint here other than a leaking 3rd light.

Maybe vandalism?

Marv

·
Registered
2012 CTS, thunder grey chromaflair
120 Posts
Hi everyone! New to the forum and I've been reading for awhile but finally registered!

I do have a question...I walked out to a sad sight this morning as I noticed the brake light cover was cracked and chipped off..The light still does work. I haven't found anywhere I can find just the cover without including a whole new light. Is this possible? I would hate to fork up the extra cash without needing to. It's just the plastic that is broke.

Thank you and I look forward to posting here in the future!
How much does the whole light assembly cost? If I were you, I may consider an excuse to get this ;-) ... http://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-CADILLAC-CADY-CTS-UNPAINTED-REAR-WING-SPOILER-E-G-/301175178962?hash=item461f7086d2&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
SOLD - 2010 CTS4 Premium Wagon-Diamond White-Cashmere Interior
2,930 Posts

·
Registered
2012 CTS, thunder grey chromaflair
120 Posts
That wing is nice looking and might help when closing the trunk, but it doesn't include the 3rd light.
I know, but it covers the top of the light, which is where you have the big hole.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,166 Posts
But, it might leak water into the trunk if you don't replace the 3rd light.
Agree. The light must be replaced.

·
Registered
11 CTS
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would want to know how it happened.
My dad believes it may be the car wash that we use down here in Florida because it did break off his trailor hitch a couple days before me but who knows? I didn't notice anything until I walked out to my car the morning after.

Thanks everybody for the help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts