Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2009 STS-V, 2006 STS
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 09 STSV with 50,000 miles and has been garaged kept. It's in excellent condition with lowering springs, exhaust, stage 2 intake and pulley upgrade. I have all original parts that were upgraded, even the mufflers so it can be put back to stock. I'm not sure the market for these cars but I understand about 100 were made this last year of production and mine is #91. Black on Black. I just don't drive it much anymore. I still enjoy the car when I do drive it. Can this car be considered a collector car and if so what would be a recommended avenue to sell it? Not sure whether to sell but would sure like the garage space if I do.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 STS-V
40 Posts
It is low production, but they are not necessarily desirable. I see that the few available for sale at dealerships are asking around $10k for high mileage cars. With the low miles, excellent condition, and extra goodies, I feel like you could ask at least $15k and wait for the right person. Who knows what the future may hold. If people knew all those old race cars and muscle cars would be worth crazy money, they wouldn't have trashed and thrown them away like they did. If any American cars from the 2000's become collector cars outisde of the ones were already know about like the Ford GT, the V series might be a good contender. I also think some Pontiac's might be as well, like the solstice coupe gxp, GTO, and maybe G8 GT. Again, who knows.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Deville
238 Posts
If people knew all those old race cars and muscle cars would be worth crazy money, they wouldn't have trashed and thrown them away like they did.
Yep, like my first car after graduation: '69 Mustang, fastback, 390, 4 speed, 9 inch 4:10 locker, black on black. Or my buddy's '70 Challenger T/A, 340 6 pack, short pistol grip shifter, fiberglass low profile hood scoop, 'Hemi' 4 speed. Last I saw of mine it was buried under a 15 foot snowdrift when I moved out of Ohio. Last I knew, my buddy still had his, but was having to throw piles of cash at it to put all the proper things on it that were replaced with "cooler" items, like a Hurst 'Ramrod' shifter. We thought it was a drag car, not a road racer.

·
Registered
2002 Escalade & 2008 STS-V
27 Posts
I have an 09 STSV with 50,000 miles and has been garaged kept. It's in excellent condition with lowering springs, exhaust, stage 2 intake and pulley upgrade. I have all original parts that were upgraded, even the mufflers so it can be put back to stock. I'm not sure the market for these cars but I understand about 100 were made this last year of production and mine is #91. Black on Black. I just don't drive it much anymore. I still enjoy the car when I do drive it. Can this car be considered a collector car and if so what would be a recommended avenue to sell it? Not sure whether to sell but would sure like the garage space if I do.

If you aren't hurting for money and need to sell I would keep it, it's only gonna go up in value

You could EASILY get 20k for it with a little patience with the condition its in

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,881 Posts
If it's in the top 3% that qualify by the guides as 'Excellent' then lili- is not far from the mark for higher value 'private sale'. I quite fancy the STS-V and it wouldn't be impossible to entertain one to replace my current driver. But alas that kind of number made me look, and I notice measurable drop(s) for the successively older years. So just a heads-up yo.
Why not take your chances with an auction like a Bring Your Trailer?

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,881 Posts
KBB and Edmunds yep. T'waswat I got .But I say keep it. Give it to an SO, B, b, son or daughter of choice after the next 3-15 years,

·
Registered
2007 STS-V
40 Posts
I like the auction idea that was mentioned. I feel like this would get accepted by BaT and you can always set a reserve. I think the basic listing is $100 and then you would have to do some leg work with pictures and such.

·
Registered
2002 Escalade & 2008 STS-V
27 Posts
What do you base these opinions on? KBB and NADA certainly don’t agree.
1. Friend of mine recently sold his black 06 with roughly the same mileage for 23k
2. It's literally 1/96 made for the year... plus it's very rare that you see an 09 with under 100k miles

I would put the reserve at 25k... if a 06 can get 23... you can def get 25k

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
DM sent

1 - 13 of 13 Posts