Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the problems fixed with my car, i just wanna get rid of it and get a s80 or c70 coupe.
What are your opinons on that?
How do they perform compare to my 97 deville concours?
Insurance rate?
Gas mileage?

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
Devil_concours said:
With all the problems fixed with my car, i just wanna get rid of it and get a s80 or c70 coupe.
Insurance rate?
Gas mileage?
Have you tried the vehicle comparison feature at Cadillac.com?
It lets you do a side by side comparison of virtually any car and a Cadillac. Of course that will be a NEW Cadillac, not you older model.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
A Volvo???? Next thing you know, He'll have a Howard Dean for pres. sticker on it!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kcnewell said:
A Volvo???? Next thing you know, He'll have a Howard Dean for pres. sticker on it!
you and your hatred for other car companies.

Anyways, volvo(s80) with 270+hp engine and 280lbft of torque available at 2000rpm all the way up to 5000rpm. Not too bad. Nice quality interior and good sound system. Don't care much for backseats since i don't ride in the backseat. And safety of a volvo.
I see nothing to bash about.
I thought about getting a benz or bmw but just about everyone in this world has one.

and as for cadillacs, if i had this much trouble with my local dealer, think of all the problems i will have with my future cadillacs. Next closest dealership is about 45mi from my house (don't wanna drive that far for a simple service).

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
My wife has a '98 S70 T5. Kicks major ass, but not very comfortable to me. Rides a little rough, but it's pretty reliable. She has 94,000 miles on it and plans to keep it past 150,000.

The S70 T5 has the same turbo-charged engine that the C70 has. The interior is identical. They also made a S90 T6 which might be interesting if you can find one.

·
Registered
ATS AWD Luxury Turbo
150 Posts
Devil_concours said:
Insurance rate?
Gas mileage?

I don't know how they do it, but Volvo is able to make good cars, with performance motors boring. Not just competent, boring. I have had a couple, and they drove me nuts. And I also didn't like being associated with the "average" Volvo drivers, who have taken over as the slowest and worst drivers on the road since American Motors went under. :eyebrow:

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Elvis said:
My wife has a '98 S70 T5. Kicks major ass, but not very comfortable to me. Rides a little rough, but it's pretty reliable. She has 94,000 miles on it and plans to keep it past 150,000.

The S70 T5 has the same turbo-charged engine that the C70 has. The interior is identical. They also made a S90 T6 which might be interesting if you can find one.
I'm leaning more towards s80 t6 than c70 t5

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Have you ever thought infiniti.... Seriously.... They are better performers than lexus, and have as good of refinement, and as good reliability..... You could get a used 03 Q45 (with like less than 10k) for about the same as a new volvo..... And you would still have a long time left on the warranty.....

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Elvis said:

Can you describe how firm the suspension is. I've always felt that cadillac's suspension was little too soft.

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
Devil_concours said:
Can you describe how firm the suspension is. I've always felt that cadillac's suspension was little too soft.
Bumpy is the word for the S70 T5. It might have something to do with tires, I dunno. Unfortunately, the firmness doesn't feel like it helps much in the twisties. The car is a little top-heavy, IMO.

Acceleration is outstanding, though. Mileage is outstanding, too--she's averaging 28.5 on the highway. A Honda Accord rides smoother but it doesn't have all the creature comforts this car has.

I would bet that the S80 T6 is a whole lot smoother, though. Best part about the S70 is that after 94,000 miles it doesn't rattle, and the interior still looks new. They build 'em to last.l

1 - 15 of 15 Posts