Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
'08 ESV Platinum (past '04 CTSV, '05 ESV Platinum)
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I found an '04 V with a Maggie, Corsa exhaust and KW Variant 3 coilover suspension at a dealer for sale and I'm about 99.99% there in terms of pulling the trigger. :thumbsup:

The car has right at 70k miles and my only question is how sensitive are the Maggies to a really good tune? My old man is real close to the dealer geographically and went by today to drive it. He said it felt good, but not really fast. I've got a fairly modded C6 Z06 currently and have had a Viper ACR, a Procharged '03 Z06, a full bolt-on '01 Z06, etc. My pop has had modded Z-28s, my '01 Z06 when I sold it and has driven my other rides. Neither of us is new to high horsepower/high performance cars.

That being said, why in the world would that car feel slow that I'm buying? I would think that if it was really hurt, it would run horribly, right?

·
2016 ATS Premium 6-spd MT
14,075 Posts
The only explanation I'd have is that you're too used to going fast. In terms of 1/4 mile times, the car should run (roughly) mid 12s, maybe dipping into the lower 12s. The cars you're talking about sound like they're at least that.

BTW, buy it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bouncy:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm almost positive I'm buying it within the next hour or so...but I was more thinking that it would have "felt" really fast to my old man when he got on it. He said it definitely tossed you back in the seat, but it was nothing like the '01 Z06 which was a low 12 second car at around 117 or 118 in the 1/4. I was thinking the V with the Maggie should be around 425 to 450 hp at the tire, with 1/4 mile times in the 12.50 range at around 114 to 116, right? That should "feel" pretty dang quick/fast. I was wondering if the tune might be a mess or something? The dealer does not have any kind of handheld tuner that would have come with the Maggie, if that's important at all.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By the way...what do you think a fair price would be for an '04 with the above miles and mods in excellent overall condition?

·
14,075 Posts
You know, it might have the stock Magunson tune, which I've heard is quite conservative. I might also have a 3.0" pulley, so the boost might not be very high (< 5 psi). The lack of headers further limits the hp. A decent tune with a 2.8" pulley and headers should put you right where I am.

How much is it worth? You could use the 70k mileage to keep the price down, but at the most I'd say low 20s, maybe even a shade under $20k being an '04 with those miles. I'm not the best to be giving advice on that, mind you. Does it include the LS6 manifold so you could return it to stock (why anybody would want to is beyond me, however ;)).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't think they have the stock LS6 manifold, but I can always pick one up pretty cheap later if I wanted.

I imagine you're right and that it's the stock tune. I suppose an immediate trip to my tuner for a proper dyno tune is in order as well as maybe a cold air induction setup of some sort.

I was sort of thinking the same way you were on the price....

:thumbsup:
Christian

·
14,075 Posts
Where are you located? If there's anybody with a maggie near you, you could more easily compare notes.

EDIT: Did I say buy it? BUY IT !!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm located in Northern California. I will definitely need to have some of the local owners chime in.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...I BOUGHT IT!!!!!! I'm so stoked!!!! :dance::dance::woohoo::woohoo::banana::banana:

I have an '05 Escalade ESV Platinum and have been a member on the board for a while now but plan on being much more active now!!! I can't wait!!!!

Christian
(newest Maggie'd CTS-V owner...for right now at least!)

·
14,075 Posts
... Oh yeah, I almost forgot...I BOUGHT IT!!!!!! ...
What? Almost forgot?!! :thepan:

Congrats! When you get her home, let us know your pulley size and whatever else you can. We'd be glad to spend some more of your money! :highfive:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What? Almost forgot?!! :thepan:

Congrats! When you get her home, let us know your pulley size and whatever else you can. We'd be glad to spend some more of your money! :highfive:
:histeric: Awesome!!! How will I know the size of the pulley; is it noted right on it or do I have to pull it off first to determine?

·
14,075 Posts
Pulley size should be stamped right on it ... pretty easy to see, from what I recall. Heck, some guys even had bigger ones, but that was a while back and not the norm. BTW, I wouldn't go smaller than 2.8 unless you spend a couple of Gs for an eight-rib belt setup to preven slippage.

Hey, are you and I the two guys still awake or just the only two guys with no date tonight?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL. I don't know about you but I've got a wife and two small kids so that's my excuse!!! HAHA. I'll check it out tomorrow when it arrives and see what size the pulley is. Monday I should be able to get her down to my builder/tuner to get on top of the situation too. My C6Z06 is currently at his shop for a slightly more aggressive cam so he's been seeing a lot of me lately!

Christian

·
14,075 Posts
My wife is sleeping and so is my son. :shhh:

I'm heading up myself, now ... it's late. :yawn:

Make sure you post up some pics!

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V 457ci LS7
50 Posts
Christian,

Congrats of the new ride.

That KW coilover setup is garbage. I'll take it off your hands in exchange for the FE4 suspension I have.

It's much more of a true Caddy setup.

Please? Damn.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
Pulley size should be stamped right on it ... pretty easy to see, from what I recall. Heck, some guys even had bigger ones, but that was a while back and not the norm. BTW, I wouldn't go smaller than 2.8 unless you spend a couple of Gs for an eight-rib belt setup to preven slippage.

Hey, are you and I the two guys still awake or just the only two guys with no date tonight?
If you have a 3" pulley, you might as well go with a 2.75. No grinding, and no slip.

Randy, 10:20 is not late :nono:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Christian,

Congrats of the new ride.

That KW coilover setup is garbage. I'll take it off your hands in exchange for the FE4 suspension I have.

It's much more of a true Caddy setup.

Please? Damn.

Man, and I thought the setup would be pretty decent. I'm really glad you filled this newbie in. I'll just give the set to ya and I'll pick up some stock stuff from the dealer. :histeric::histeric:

Thanks for the welcome too!!
Christian

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V 457ci LS7
50 Posts
Man, and I thought the setup would be pretty decent. I'm really glad you filled this newbie in. I'll just give the set to ya and I'll pick up some stock stuff from the dealer. :histeric::histeric:

Thanks for the welcome too!!
Christian
Sounds good... always looking to lend a hand where I can. :thumbsup:

Let me know when you need my address.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts