Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Escalade ESV
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently driving a 2010 Explorer XLT. Looking at my next ride maybe being a used SRX. What year and trim package would you all recommend? Didn't know if Preimum package was worth the extra $$ or not. Do these have as good a mileage lifespan as an Escalade? Any mileage thresholds I should avoid? Thanks.

·
Registered
2015 Premium Silver Coast / Brownstone
104 Posts
I would shy away from anything older than a 2013 , due to the newer engine , cue infotainment system ,and all the other tweeks made to the car made to the car . As for the trim version , the Luxury rides a softer than the premium with the larger tires and suspension and steering set up. I had a 2013 luxury and just traded for a 2015 premium. I like the more composed ride VS the softer set up . The 2010 -11 models are very problematic. 2012 was a huge stride forward as they finally got the kinks out. Virtually anyone who has a 2013-15 model has been problem free .

·
Registered
2019 AWD XT4 Sport in Horizon Red
838 Posts
At least a Luxury. Very big step up in features from the Standard to the Lux. You can also add the OEM fog lights to the Lux (either buy the OEM kit and do it yourself or pay to have the dealer do it) and close the gap even further between Lux and Perf/Premium on your own. And of course you can do the same with the wheels (20" on Performance/Premium, 18" on Standard/Luxury).

How often will you have folks in the back seat? The more that goes up, the more you might want to look at Premium which adds some backseat comfort. Performance/Premium also get HID adaptive (they move side to side as the wheel turns) headlights.

Do you need/prefer winter tires where you are? If so, the Premium and Performance packages feature 20" wheels that make winter tire buying just this side of impossible unless you're willing to acquire a set of the 18" rims separately and maintain two sets of rims. But some people do that, it's just a matter of being aware of it and willing to do that.

I think most people would say don't go before 2012, because the 3.6L engine comes in in 2012.

Whether you go 2012 or 2013 might depend on how you feel about Cadillac CUE, the infotainment system that came in in 2013. Personally, I like it. I also think that popup screen in the 2012 or older models on the older infotainment system strikes me as a really bad idea long-term, but Your Mileage May Vary.

I always encourage people to look at the AWD, even if they don't live in states with "real winter", because the handling is so much better with the AWD in the SRX. The 3.6L is a joy, but torque steer is definitely an issue with it. . . unless you have AWD, and then she just handles great in all conditions, whether you have a heavy foot or not.

Automatic high-beams come in starting in 2014.

If it was me, knowing the most amount of depreciation is when a new car drives off the lot, I'd probably be looking at 2014s. The CUE hardware is definitely faster in the 2014s as well. Of course the selection of used 2014s is still pretty low (since there are still no doubt a few new ones that haven't sold yet on the lots).

·
Registered
2006 Escalade ESV
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I'll look for a 2014 or newer when I'm ready. Great feedback.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts