Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it’s time to say good bye to my 2006 CTS (2.8) since I purchased it brand new, I got married, had a baby and another one is on the way very soon, and my CTS is not fitting us anymore. Nine years, with almost 160K miles, my car is great, but sadly its time. I have experienced some issues of this car where I had to replace a transmission and radiator due to cooler lines failure among lesser issues this car is famous for.

We are thinking of getting a SRX, We have test-drive the car at our local dealer, and its great but I don’t know if there are issues with the car. I'm quite sure that the dealer will NOT say anything bad about their car, so I ask for your help. I’m sorry I have not read most of posts here but I would like to know if there are any issues with this car, or there are some points to look at.

I would appreciate some hints but not full details if not; as I will look for it on this forum myself, so just some points if possible.

Thank you so much :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2011 Saab 9-4X Premium XWD
353 Posts
Bottom line - You seem to want a driver to go many years and miles with minimal maintenance. The SRX does not have that reputation.

jack vines

·
Registered
2012 SRX Performance FWD
1,599 Posts
If you want the best chance to keep for many years and no repairs, can't recommend the SRX. I'd look at Highlander/RX 350 or Pilot. The SRX does not have as much cargo room as those, either. I would also throw the Ford Flex/Explorer in for a look as well. If you want lots of space, the GM Traverse/Acadia, and Enclave are nice and are average reliability, better than the SRX IMHO.

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Perf., Crystal Red Shale/Brownstone, DAP, spare
758 Posts
If you want the best chance to keep for many years and no repairs, can't recommend the SRX. I'd look at Highlander/RX 350 or Pilot. The SRX does not have as much cargo room as those, either.....
As much as I like my SRX (and I really do) I have to agree with this, with a preference for the Toyota/Lexus (the Pilot is body and frame and just does not ride and handle as nice). Odds are when I get to the 48 month/50,000 mile mark I'll be moving on just because I don't want any major financial 'surprises' - might be another SRX depending on what's available - but very likely won't be this one.

My biggest 'complaint' with the SRX so far is cargo space - it needs a bit more behind the rear seats.

·
Registered
1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9
1,540 Posts
Toyota Sienna would be great for a growing family.
At this time you can find 2011 - 2012 returning from lease with 40,000 or less miles for around 21k.

·
Registered
2015 CTS
596 Posts
If you asked someone should you have bought a 2006 CTS they would probably say no. We have had two SRX's and I would buy a third. We love them and since I won't buy a Japanese vehicle the SRX is a great choice. I say buy one and purchase an extended warranty and enjoy your new Cadillac.

·
Registered
2015 Premium Silver Coast / Brownstone
104 Posts
I am on my second SRX as well . Very well built , fit and finish is perfect , great comfortable ride. I had the new body of the Ford Explorer and there is no comparison to the fit and finish , even today the new Explorer after 5 years of the new body nothing fits proper or lines up, you cant honestly do a comparison for the ride. I will only purchase domestic. As a side fact , we are shopping for a new vehicle for my wife , we had the CHRYSLER 200 , BUICK REGAL TURBO, FORD FUSION on the short list. My Nephew is a snob car buff , and cant stand the fact that we are going with a loaded to the hilt REGAL TURBO, and not a 3 series that is virtually the same $. I do not see the value in NON North American Vehicles.

·
Registered
2015 SRX
31 Posts
I will not be buying any more Toyota/Lexus as they all have rock hard rides and uncomfortable seats. The SRX is comfortable. Do I expect it to be problem free? No. I thought my Nissan would be problem free until it had a $4000 repair six months after I bought it new. It's hard to find a perfect car.

·
Registered
2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony
652 Posts
I disagree with the first two posters. The SRX is a rock solid car and great for a family. The 2014-2015 is a much more refined car than a 2010-2013 model. Most of the kinks are ironed out; the engine is smoother, the ride is better, etc.

You cannot compare a Honda with an SRX. The Honda and almost every other SUV are SOOOOO BOOORRRING!!!!

·
Registered
2019 AWD XT4 Sport in Horizon Red
838 Posts
I can't speak to longevity, because my 2013 Luxury (with 2014 CUE hardware) is my first Cadillac. . . but I love it.

·
Registered
14 SRX Luxury
613 Posts
I too have had a first generation SRX and now a second generation. I've had a couple of problems like having to replace a headlight (under warranty) and have had an issue with the sunroof drain coming loose, but all in all I've enjoyed the car.

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale
1,865 Posts
You couldn't give me another SRX. I've had so many problems. Now that I'm out of warranty and with only 32K miles, I just hold my breath that nothing expensive breaks. This will be the first time I've been put in that position in a very long time. Most of my other Japanese vehicles just ran and ran and ran...

·
Registered
XT4 RED SPORT
2,390 Posts
You couldn't give me another SRX. I've had so many problems. Now that I'm out of warranty and with only 32K miles, I just hold my breath that nothing expensive breaks. This will be the first time I've been put in that position in a very long time. Most of my other Japanese vehicles just ran and ran and ran...
Steve we know about your mission to try embarrass GM/ Cadillac and yes we have heard ALL about your problems over and over again ... please do yourself a huge favor (and us) and move on to your next vehicle! :stirpot:

On a positive note I have owned 3 GEN II SRXs and liked each one better then the previoius one. The 2013 with the added safety refinements and comfort options just keep on getting better and better. I would definitely buy another SRX and I am anxiously awaiting the next GEN III SRX or XT5 version! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Steve we know about your mission to try embarrass GM/ Cadillac and yes we have heard ALL about your problems over and over again ... please do yourself a huge favor (and us) and move on to your next vehicle! :stirpot:

On a positive note I have owned 3 GEN II SRXs and liked each one better then the previoius one. The 2013 with the added safety refinements and comfort options just keep on getting better and better. I would definitely buy another SRX and I am anxiously awaiting the next GEN III SRX or XT5 version! :thumbsup:
Marc, everyone knows you're a GM Fanboy such that even if the SRX were spewing excrement from the tailpipes you would still luv it. Meanwhile, back in reality, I stand by what I said. It's a pig with lipstick. That has been my EXPERIENCE. :thepan:

·
Registered
2006 CTS
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You are all awesome thank you so much :thumbsup:

One of the things my wife didn't like about the car was the cargo room @the back, for example I rented last year a Traverse while on holiday with the family and we had 4 large bags that was easily stored; no problem, but the SRX is really small, still more in space than a CTS, but not on standards of a SUV of other models.

I have tried to compare this car either by test drive, and by word of mouth, from many relatives, friends, and colleagues. They own Mazda CX9, Honda Pilot, Ford Expedition, Jeep Cherokee, Toyota Sequoia, and I compared most of them to SRX, and by far has an edge!

I have also test-drive an Audi Q7, and VW Touareg (Full package on both cars) they where amazing, but got soooo distracted by the price tag $$$$ :annoyed:, still the SRX was so comfortable, loaded with most of the options that I found in an Audi, VW, and Also better than BMW and Mercedes (in interior and options I mean) still I'm saving quite allot, while enjoying the luxury and comfort of a SRX

I noticed that most of the SRX are made in Mexico! the VIN starts with 3GYNFxxxxxxxx, So! what happened the ole' made in the USA?:hmm:

·
Registered
SRX
146 Posts
Marc is correct I have 2010 SRX the worst Luxury Car I have owned after your warranty runs out Cadillac will not help you here is a short list of the
problems all started at 20,000 miles. windows and hatch used to open by themselves complete reprogram of everything plus new key fobs,new radio
installed,severe hesitation,headlamps have moisture in them,both front hub bearings,emission problems with purge valve,drivers seat color wore off,
Sunroof does not open or close sometimes,now just last week the ABS and Stabilitrak light went on so it goes on and on and the sad part I still have a
year to pay on it.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Marc is correct I have 2010 SRX the worst Luxury Car I have owned after your warranty runs out Cadillac will not help you here is a short list of the
problems all started at 20,000 miles. windows and hatch used to open by themselves complete reprogram of everything plus new key fobs,new radio
installed,severe hesitation,headlamps have moisture in them,both front hub bearings,emission problems with purge valve,drivers seat color wore off,
Sunroof does not open or close sometimes,now just last week the ABS and Stabilitrak light went on so it goes on and on and the sad part I still have a
year to pay on it.
By the way, Marc is the one who thinks GM can't possibly make a bad vehicle. I'm the one who has the POS like you.

·
Registered
XT4 RED SPORT
2,390 Posts
You are all awesome thank you so much :thumbsup:

... I noticed that most of the SRX are made in Mexico! the VIN starts with 3GYNFxxxxxxxx, So! what happened the ole' made in the USA?:hmm:
You are correct, however I am very happy that GM has decided to move the SRX production from Mexico and bring it back to the USA where the next GEN III SRX will be built at Srping Hill. :thumbsup:

----------

By the way, Marc is the one who thinks GM can't possibly make a bad vehicle. I'm the one who has the POS like you.
Yes, unfortuantely, there were some issues and recalls with the very first 2010 MY GEN II SRX that came out. I do know that ALL my issues were fixed to my satisfaction and I was very happy with the way I was treated at my delaership. BTW: If I hadn't gotten everything fixed and if the dealer hadn't treated me right, then of course I would have moved on to a different Brand of vehicle.

Unlike you, I looked forward to new improvements and I did move on to newer and improved models. For myself, I try to look at the glass as half full not half empty! I liked how I was treated so I bought a 2012 SRX model with the new 3.6L engine and then when the new CUE and other great new safety features came out I was motivated once again to move up to my present 2013 SRX.

My question to you is why would you stick with a vehicle that doesn't make you happy? :hmm: Most of us would cut our losses and move on, oh wait ... I forgot, you want to stay on our great site to bash GM and a few other members who happen to like their SRX!

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Marc, It's actually none of your business why I "haven't moved on". Suffice it to say that I don't like car loans. But yes, if I pay $40K for something and it's a POS then you bet, I'm going to bitch so that others thinking about making a BIG MISTAKE will have been warned.

·
Registered
2014 ATS Performance 2013 SRX Premium
1,045 Posts
My 2013 SRX Premium has 27,000 miles on it, I have had no problems with it. My previous vehicle was also a 2006 CTS 3.6L VVT Sport which I traded in at 110,000 miles. The CTS had the #5 Fuel Injector Fail at 32,000 miles which the dealer promptly replaced, no other issues. The SRX seems very well built and I really don't see problems down the road although all vehicles like the SRX Premium have a lot of options and electronics so anything is possible. I just bought a 2014 Cadillac ATS Performance Model because I love these Cadillac's and I do have faith in their engineering and the assembly of these vehicles. I have owned two foreign vehicles a 2001 Lexus IS300 which I gave to my son at 95,000 miles, he just traded it with 213,000 miles on a 2014 Toyota Camry. My other was a 1987 Nissan Maxima SE which had electronic issues and went through 3 alternators in 90,000 miles.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts