Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM is cutting its warranty back from 5-year/100,000 miles to 5-year/60,000 miles starting in the 2016 model year. In addition, GM will reduce the included maintenance it offers on new vehicles. The included maintenance will be reduced from four visits (similar to Toyota's offering) to just two.

AutoNews reported that this new program was announced in a memo to dealers last week. According to the memo, Chevrolet vice president Brian Sweeney and GMC vice president Duncan Aldred write, "Through research, we have determined that when purchasing a new vehicle, included maintenance and warranty rank low on the list of reasons why consumers consider a particular brand over another." Some brands and models will still have special warranties such as the Volt's hybrid warranty.

In the most recent J.D. Power and Associates Dependability Study, GM moved up to above average in the industry. Buick was second behind Lexus in the study (though Lexus is way ahead), and Cadillac is now fourth behind Toyota as a brand. In the various vehicle segments, GM matched Toyota's seven segment wins.

This move means that Hyundai/Kia's 10-year/100,000 drivetrain warranty is again a standout in the industry.

·
Registered
2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black
1,800 Posts
That all means nothing to me. I do all my own maintance anyway, I want the dealer to touch my vehicle as less as possible. Just make sure you document your own maintance.

Furthermore, the 2015 will need the longer warranty, due to all the bugs. I'd rather wait for a 2016. The current trans issues is a little scary. I'm still waiting on the sidelines myself...

Btw, HCVONE... You don't keep your vehicles long enough to warrant the longer warranty! ;). Just get a 2016 or 2017. I'm waiting on the 2017 myself, they should be nice and prime by then.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,456 Posts
Cadillac did the same thing on the last gen, 2013 IIRC. Anything to save a buck....

·
Registered
2013 Platinum Escalade (crystal red), 2013 Platinum ESV
308 Posts
Have you read about all the issues with the 2015's? Look into all of that before you buy a 2015, read the threads on this site. There are many issues to be concerned about and 2015 being the first year of a complete redesign may come with many issues which will be worked out on later models over time.

Some people have had great luck and no problems at all with their 2015's and others are plagued with issues and have even had to have GM take their trucks back because issues could not be resolved.

Do your homework! Compare left over 2014's if you can find them also since this is the last year of the older style, most of the kinks have been worked out.

Good luck!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
LDYNREDD said:
Have you read about all the issues with the 2015's? Look into all of that before you buy a 2015, read the threads on this site. There are many issues to be concerned about and 2015 being the first year of a complete redesign may come with many issues which will be worked out on later models over time. Some people have had great luck and no problems at all with their 2015's and others are plagued with issues and have even had to have GM take their trucks back because issues could not be resolved. Do your homework! Compare left over 2014's if you can find them also since this is the last year of the older style, most of the kinks have been worked out. Good luck! Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I only read a few. Meaning the rest are trucking along me included. Maintenance included in the purchase of the vehicle is great like bmw but I go overboard and use full synthetic mobil 1 extended performance instead of the synthetic blend dexos oil by the dealer. MB and landrover you have to purchase the maintenance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts