Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some of the talk about mods i got to binging around the net and was wondering if anyone else has done any looking into or may have known anyone to install suicide doors on the CTS ....
there are a few sites that offer somthing of hinges and what not however i seriously considering this to my first major mod on new object of complusive tinkering
anyone see any hang ups other than the possible nightmare of relocating the wiring ..

Attachments

·
Cadillac Maniac
Cadillac Escalade
13,753 Posts
They should be wearing seat belts! Anyway... If this were to be done, I think it would definitely need to new 2008 CTS door handles.. I'm not sure it would look right without them...

·
Registered
Cadillac
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lambo Doors were a thought however ..... its somthing that truly has been done and even though its has a certain apeal i would rather go with this option . As for the center beam i dont really want to go and start hacking at that. And seat belts are indeed a must when your with me... Remeber playing is not suppose to hurt ......

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
Lambos are to Ricey in my opinion. I like the rear suicide doors with shaved door handles. It's a very clean look for the aero CTS lines. Either 4 or 2 doors look fine. Myself I'd only shave the rear handled. A friend of mine did that to a CTS-V and added rear bucket seats. This looks awesome on a Blackillac!!!

·
Registered
Cadillac
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think that you can take out the center support beam but for what i want i will not. messing with the roof structure for some some reason does not sit all that well with me or the gents that will be making this project happen

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
Suicide is not a joke. I care.

·
Registered
Cadillac
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the concern and love .... i think .......but seriously any tech. hang ups that i might be missing ..... Trust me comments from the peanut gallery are indeed welcome!!!!

·
Registered
Cadillac
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No belive you me!!!!! this project is a go just for the simple fact doin somthing diffrent or some what new

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
No belive you me!!!!! this project is a go just for the simple fact doin somthing diffrent or some what new
I thought about it seriously but feared it would negatively affect the resale value. Just research it thoroughly. Mazda's trick is the rear doors can't be opened until the front doors are opened. The have shaved door handles too.

·
Registered
Cadillac
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
the door handles from what i am told should be lil or no problem ... however when i hear that i get a lil suspect

1 - 20 of 63 Posts