Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone run the magnaflow Xpipe into straight pipes out the back? I am considering removing the magnaflow exhaust (not loud enough). I found a local muffler shop that will build it and make it modular including polished tips for $150. I have also been considering electric exhaust cuts out for more of a quick transition from nasty to quiet.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
I ran stock everything with cutouts for a couple months. It was too quiet so i swapped the resonator out with an X-Pipe, ran that for about a year then added the kooks headers. I still leave them open 95% of the time, not too loud (at least not in the car!)

·
Registered
05 PLATINUM CTS-V
2,985 Posts
i am running straight pipes right now and i want to install the X pipe as well. does anyone have this setup? i dont mind loud i just dont want it to be raspy

·
Registered
CTS-V
632 Posts
i am running straight pipes right now and i want to install the X pipe as well. does anyone have this setup? i dont mind loud i just dont want it to be raspy
im on the same boat. i think i may do this next week when my car gets out the shop

·
Registered
CTS V
122 Posts
Here are 4 pretty good videos of cars running str8 pipes

(go to 1:27)

·
Premium Member
'05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon
6,076 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
1,415 Posts
I work next to a guy with a 6.0L goat running headers and straightpipes.... it's loud and the v8 sounds nice.. but it IS raspy... so if you are considering an X pipe to help with the "raspyness" ( grammer police ) I would suggest anything to combat the raspy sound...

·
Registered
E85 Powered - Maggie'd V
1,747 Posts
Where can i get some good 4" tips? any good online places? Black Chrome maybe??

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero
1,646 Posts
I've thought about doing this so I can sell my Corsa to buy other mods instead. :)

·
Registered
16 CTS-V, 14 Z/28
33 Posts
I run the exact setup, Magnaflow X-pipe and no mufflers. I have stock manifolds and cats for now. It is pretty loud, but it sounds good. I do have drone on the freeway at about 70-75mph, it does get old after awhile but as long as you drive 80+ like I do you will be fine. Here is my car YouTube - 2004 Cadillac CTS-V Exhaust

·
Registered
05 PLATINUM CTS-V
2,985 Posts
I run the exact setup, Magnaflow X-pipe and no mufflers. I have stock manifolds and cats for now. It is pretty loud, but it sounds good. I do have drone on the freeway at about 70-75mph, it does get old after awhile but as long as you drive 80+ like I do you will be fine. Here is my car YouTube - 2004 Cadillac CTS-V Exhaust
thats all i needed to see! x pipe is going in asap

·
Registered
62 Posts
on your X pipe, what diameter are you guys running..xpecially if you you are stock..i may got this route this weekend.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, Black
2,165 Posts
if it's too quiet, just get headers :sneaky:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts