Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V, Crystal White, Carbon fiber, Recaro's, Luxury
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lease ends in December... After talking to Gm financial I am thinking about extending my lease for 6 month which they allow.
Test drove the Alfa Quadrifoglio Twice personally I think it sucks compared to the V , Jaguar XES, had 2 different Tesla's for 24 hrs's.
My ATSV has been the best Gm car I have owned so far after 5 other gm's.
So far the buy out quotes have been ridiculous for this car IMO compared to what I see them going for.
Confused lol

·
Registered
Cadillac
992 Posts
You drove the Quadrifoglio and didn't like it? I think the Cadillac has better technology in terms of gadgets. But, the Quad beats the V in every performance metric. Though, in street driving, we are never really going 10/10ths to notice! LOL

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think it is all that it s made out to be IMO plus the dealer network is no where near convenient for me.. Plus your opinion matters 0% since you appear to own neither lol

·
Registered
'16 ATS-V MT6 Sedan, Alfas: '67 Duetto, '84 GTV6 3.5L 24v/Vette C5 project
548 Posts
I dont think it is all that it s made out to be IMO plus the dealer network is no where near convenient for me..
I'm a long time 'Alfista' (Alfa Romeo enthusiast) and have had several Alfas over 25 years. (ALFA stands for 'Always looking for another' - inside joke).. but it was just about 2 years in to ownership of an ATS 2L Turbo... and I was looking in to upgrading, and Alfa Romeo was just hitting the US shores again (having left in 1995) with the brand new Giulia Quad and I was debating whether to go back to my favorite Italian brand, or upgrade to the ATS-V.

A very scant dealership network, and probable teething issues for a new model were two of the primary reasons I stayed Caddy and purchased the ATS-V (there were a couple of other reasons too). While the ATS-V was a new model (purchase made in early 2017) it was based on the ATS and the 3.6L engine, both of which had been around long enough to give me a better feeling reliability wise. And the car has been rock solid for me. And my Caddy dealership is very close as well... just 10 minutes down the road.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
FYI
After some research I have learned I can for up to 6 months. And that depends if you are close to or over the max of mileage of the lease which I am not.
Gm Financial tell me they will not talk about buy out numbers until 42 days before the lease is up.
When I got this car I was at the dealer less than a half hour just to sign paper work and leave.. This current process is ridiculous..

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Coupe
152 Posts
I've got seven lease payments left, then I'll buy mine. I've only had a few issues and the dealer is a good knowledgeable one. That makes all the difference.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Does leasing make sense for these? I have seen several of these new going for $75k, and I have seen some just 2-3 years old going for under $40k with pretty low miles.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does leasing make sense for these? I have seen several of these new going for $75k, and I have seen some just 2-3 years old going for under $40k with pretty low miles.
My lease is $499 a month at 39 months which was a steal for this car at the time during summer of 2016 with a msrp at a little over $81k but with incentives and discounts it arrived at my current lease amount.
They do not make sedans and I do not want a coupe so I am either buying it, extending the lease until June of 2020 while I wait and see what is going on with the CT4/CT5'.
Still waiting to decide because it all factors on what Gm Financial says

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Coupe
152 Posts
I intended to buy mine from the beginning and had them build it the way I wanted it. For me, the lease was a form of lemon insurance against a "Christine". It has been a good car and I have a knowledgeable dealership so I will buy out the car when the lease is up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
FYI
I ended up extending my lease for 6 more months which will put me out to June 2020
Not really feeling anything out right now.

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V Coupe (Catti-V)
1,751 Posts
You drove the Quadrifoglio and didn't like it? I think the Cadillac has better technology in terms of gadgets. But, the Quad beats the V in every performance metric. Though, in street driving, we are never really going 10/10ths to notice! LOL
It's easy to build a car faster than others if reliability is not a factor. Every tester who has done a review on the quad has had to return it to the dealership for problems.

·
Registered
2019 ATS-V, Black Raven, all options, no mods
82 Posts
It's easy to build a car faster than others if reliability is not a factor. Every tester who has done a review on the quad has had to return it to the dealership for problems.
Agreed. It's a nice car plagued by myriad reliability issues. I considered it at first, but quickly abandoned it as an option once all the problems began to show up. My guess is this will forever be part of that car's legacy.

I think the OP was wise to just extend out the lease and hang on the ATS-V. It's about 99% of the QF's performance with about 5% of the issues. Seems like a good trade-off. Plus, I personally think it looks better.

·
Registered
2018 ATS-V 6sp MT sedan
244 Posts
Although the QF is a smidge faster on a racetrack when driven by a professional, last time I was at Laguna Seca with the Alfa Club, I was able to beat all the QF’s that were there. So in terms of real world performance I think the ATS-V is basically equivalent to the QF. Also Randy Pobst complained that the QF had an inconsistent feel on the track – things changed during the lap. He had no such complaint about the ATS-V and complimented it for being really well balanced.

One of the QF’s at the track wore down his brake pads till the warning light came on Saturday afternoon. He went to local tire/brake shops and no one would touch the Alfa citing lack of parts. He called the dealer who told him to stop driving it lest he damage the rotors, so he had it towed to the Alfa dealer in Monterey. The dealer couldn’t get to his car until Monday so he was stuck in Monterey until he could get it back and didn’t have his ride on Sunday at the track - so he became a spectator, borrowed his friend's Focus for one session, and rode with me during another session.

·
Registered
'16 ATS-V MT6 Sedan, Alfas: '67 Duetto, '84 GTV6 3.5L 24v/Vette C5 project
548 Posts
Granted that weather conditions might have differed on these separate runs conducted on different days, but here is Randy Probst, professional race car driver, taking both manual & auto ATS-V's around Laguna Seca, and the Alfa Giulia QV on another day. Given that the Alfa comes with those sticky Pirelli P Zero Rosa tires that are basically a track tire in street name only (which should be good for a few 10ths), the final results show just how capable the ATS-V is compared to the 'supposed' segment performance leader of the class.

Reactions: LAROKE

·
Registered
17' 6MT ATS Carbon Black, 09' Malibu, 08' Infinity G35x, 04' Ion Redline,
171 Posts
So far the buy out quotes have been ridiculous for this car IMO compared to what I see them going for.
Confused lol
So what are you going to buy? I was dead set on a manual transmission car and I felt a V was to "special" for daily use and alfa REFUSES to bring over manuals from Europe nor will they special order one. I ended up with a 17' Carbon Black ATS 2.0T and I'm very happy with it. But I also thought when it comes time to replace the car what the hell would I do? it surprisingly had to find a drivers car under 50K

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,262 Posts

·
Registered
2019 ATS-V, Black Raven, all options, no mods
82 Posts
I meant new.
If it HAS to be new, I'd probably go for a Civic Type R. Even though it's FWD and looks like a life-size anime creation, it's supposedly an insanely good driver's car.

If the cartoon looks and FWD aren't your thing, I'd probably just pick up a nicely equipped Camaro SS 1LE. I've driven one and it's darn near impossible to break the rear tires loose, which means plenty of track-safe entertainment. Plus, there's a massive aftermarket available to create whatever power and styling level you want.

·
Registered
17' 6MT ATS Carbon Black, 09' Malibu, 08' Infinity G35x, 04' Ion Redline,
171 Posts
If it HAS to be new, I'd probably go for a Civic Type R. Even though it's FWD and looks like a life-size anime creation, it's supposedly an insanely good driver's car.

If the cartoon looks and FWD aren't your thing, I'd probably just pick up a nicely equipped Camaro SS 1LE. I've driven one and it's darn near impossible to break the rear tires loose, which means plenty of track-safe entertainment. Plus, there's a massive aftermarket available to create whatever power and styling level you want.
I don't buy imports anymore unlike everyone else they are the least reliable cars for me.

Looked at the Camaro's, insurance was double than what it is for the ATS.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well dropped it off , Definitely wasnt worth the 50k they wanted to buy out the lease , So had to move on...
No filters by the way for this pic just Natural Sunshine and Adams cars products...
I see these cars with alot less mileage for cheaper. Friend bought the same exact car for 36k with half the mileage.. So just coulnt do it...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts