Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the miles weren't so high, I'd jump at this. At least from pictures (taken by the dealer, so also taken with a grain of salt), it looks cosmetically pristine. But I'm wary of so many miles. Can anyone offer any insight or advice about specific things that I should ask/check for? I'm calling to request any service records and to see if the dealer will allow me to have a third-party inspection.

I'm a moderately good mechanic and am fine with some DIY repairs, but obviously don't want a car that's a ticking bomb.

Any and all advice would be so appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
96 FWB
866 Posts
In 'Good' condition and with common options KBB says trade-in is $3-4,700, and Private Party Sale is $5-7,500. What's keeping you from looking at the car yourself?

Now all things the same at 100,000 the trade-in is $5-6,800 and Private sale is $7-9,700.

Being a moderate wrench yourself it sure seems like a strong business case for a roadtrip to confirm what you're hoping, that it's simply a privateer's hi-mileage interstate commuter plus some healthy pride of ownership. If too far away then definitely have a survey done, and if seller balks - walk. If you don't get the service records - walk. And shipping will add a double digit percentage on top of that price.

T'sall I got.

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
9,934 Posts
Luxury is base model, 3.0 is base engine. Just so you know when shopping. Lux/Performance/Premium

Wheel bearings, control arm bushings. The output shaft on the trans (MY 10 and earlier?). Driveshaft bolts. Sunroof drains. Top of taillights. Headlight condensation. All common issues on these cars.

·
Registered
2008 SRX4 & 2010 CTS4 sedan / Non-Cadillacs: 2018 Audi Q5, 2012 Chev Cruze LT
555 Posts
They require work but (almost) nothing stupid. The pleasures of the car outweigh the maintenance requirements IMO.

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
Orlando - We take orphans
2,582 Posts
A lot depends on where you are and whether it comes with the service manual set. Any car with 150k miles has to be considered marginal in some areas. I do all my own work but my cars are under 100k (just bought an 89 Allante with 65K). Of course low millage garaged luxury cars are common in Florida.

Seems like used cars always cost the same. Can either pay and enjoy now or pay less now but have niggling things go on. Of course am a bit of a sticler for working as advertised.

ps am glad to have a Premium. Option package makes little different in a KBB price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts