Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T RWD
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after many different dealer trips i decided to goto a Cadillac dealer. I was originally looking at an A-4 until I found out they do not have remote starts and a not the impressive interior. Anyways i have found a few different 2015s, all 2.0 turbos. My question is, is there a huge between the "Sun and Sound" package, the "Luxury" package, and having neither? i have found one of each, the S&S is 42k, while the other 2 r 32k. Are there more features to these packages that I am unaware of? Any feedback is welcome I want to be as informed as possible.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0 AWD
77 Posts
Sun and sound included a sunroof and the upgrades radio. Leather includes true leather seats and I think an upgraded leather steering wheel. I don't have these packages but think it's fine, it is rough not having a sunroof for the first time in years but you get over it. I also think the base radio is fine, I hear nothing but people complain about CUE, and a smart phone has all the apps CUE does. Also the base radio does a great job of reading music files on the SD or USB ports, you can sort them in folders and the system will display them that was in the menues. So I would save the 10k and go with the more base model.

·
Registered
Prev: 2018 ATS 2.0T NOW: 2020 CT4-V JR
2,414 Posts
You really need to look at a ATS brochure, paper or online or
compare some cars window stickers.

ATS comes in Base, Luxury, Perf and Premium.
Sun + Sound is only a lower cost way to add the sunroof and
Nav. It's not a full level.

The base car may only have the 4 cyl, while the Luxury may
have the 2.0T. You have to compare the options to see what
level You are happy with. IE Lux has leather seats and Base
does not.

Compare all the options. If the 32K car is MSRP, it probably is
not a turbo.

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T RWD
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank u for your inputs, after a lot of reading the 42k is brand new, the others are used same year with under 20k(probably demo cars). All have 2.0T with Luxury package. I just read the differences. I did find a 2013 i am going to go look at that has nav/sunroof/fog lights. Do the four trim levels span across the 13-16 time range and is there is easy way to spot the diff trims levels on a used one like that?

----------

Alright the 2013 in the Performance model with rear wheel drive, compared to a 2015 are there any significant changes?

·
Registered
490 Posts
The only thing the 13 and 14 has right is the exterior design. If I was in the position of buying again, I would get the 15.

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T RWD
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got back from a test drive, really nice, it handled pretty much the same way as the 2015 model did. The 2013 with performance package seems to be the way to go. I left to see if they would go lower than 30k.

·
Registered
2013 3.6 RWD Premium - 2006 BMW Z4M
1,515 Posts
I don't believe the 2013 has a folding rear seat which may or may not matter to you but some were surprised to find this out later.

·
Registered
Prev: 2018 ATS 2.0T NOW: 2020 CT4-V JR
2,414 Posts
The trim levels are fairly close across all the years.
With a 2.0T, the 15 engine has improvements and
more torque.

The signature lights (look like fog) are either Perf or
Premium in all years.
On the Perf trim with 3.6, the main diff with 15 is
whatever got improved.

·
Registered
none
1,102 Posts
I don't believe the 2013 has a folding rear seat which may or may not matter to you but some were surprised to find this out later.
My 2013 Premium has a folding rear seat.

I would not spend more than $30k on a 2013 performance. Keep looking. My 2013 Premium with 11,000 miles was $28k back in April.

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T RWD
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ya I told them 30k out the door, I am waiting on a call back, if not there are always more out there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts