Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the car is at about 130,000 right now, looks and feels like it has been driven pretty gently and to boot there is not a single scratch, dent or imperfection on the vehicle both inside or out. I guess what I'm asking is, long-term STS owners, what problems do you think I will run into? Or what do you think would be a good idea to immediately replace, if I did go through with buying the vehicle? I'm aware the car definitely won't be problem free over the next couple years of driving it, however I can't deny something is drawing me to that V8 STS energy.

·
Registered
2008 STS Northstar RWD, 2000 Trans Am WS6 6 spd, 1968 LeMans convertible 6.6
261 Posts
Keep an eye on the oil level. Flush the coolant. See if it goes "clunk" when you shift from drive to reverse and back, it may have a worn out rear differential bushing. See if the heated seats and steering wheel work. I love my Northstar RWD STS. I have faster cars, but the total package of this STS is what I like and why I drive it 95% of the time. 130k is not really much, esp on an 05. Mine is an 08 and just now has 115k.

·
Registered
Cadillac CT6 (2019)
2,305 Posts
Your STS is going on 15, has a goodly amount of miles so a good history check should provide previous problems/concerns and corrections. Is a Carfax available? This vehicle seems to be a survivor (and looks great to boot); you may have a winner. Best of luck with your purchase.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts