Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1998 deville, 2000 sls, 2006 CTS-V, 2001 STS, 2007 STS V8
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have been looking for a couple months now at the cts-v....I love the design and everything about it. If I buy one...should it be the 04 or 05? and what supercharger should I put on it. I was looking at a kit for about 6 grand. has anyone here done a project like this? is it hard? I saw a supercharged cts-v for sale on this site i believe for 59,000 in the classified section putting out about 550hp. what I am looking for is a car that will out perform most cars on the road...anyone have any thoughts?...and if there is any threads out there on this, can someone post them. This is my first time in the cts-v forum, I am usually in the seville forum. Thanks.

I was thinking up to 40000 for the cts-v
and up to 15000 for performance.

·
Registered
'04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V, '13ZL1, '12 V, '16 Z06 SC757
6,440 Posts
Best bargain you'll ever find. Get a 2005 V with around 10K break-in miles for around $35K. Then add a magna charger for $5,200 on here with the Group Buy. For just over $40K you're killing just about anything you want. :highfive:

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
And if you're looking for a little more. :lildevil: More like alot more. Get the following:

BB Headers (cat-less)
BB Exhaust
Stealth V Tune
CAI
Smaller pulley (more boost)

All the above for under $3,000 and now you've got a beast.

·
Registered
1998 deville, 2000 sls, 2006 CTS-V, 2001 STS, 2007 STS V8
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
5200...with the group buy...nice....is BB exhaust better than corsa? I have corsa on my sls now and I'm very pleased. so, how hard is the install on one of those blowers?....I've got a buddy that used to be a mechanic and he said he would help me put it on...should I go that route, or pay to get it installed at a performance shop? anyone have any blowen times in the 1/4?

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
BB make HP, Corsa makes noise. MHO. Install for the S/C is best left to the pro's unless your very mechanically inclined. Lowest 1/4 mile time with S/C that I've heard was a very traction limited 12.50.

·
Registered
327 Posts
starfox86 said:
So, I have been looking for a couple months now at the cts-v....I love the design and everything about it. If I buy one...should it be the 04 or 05? and what supercharger should I put on it. I was looking at a kit for about 6 grand. has anyone here done a project like this? is it hard? I saw a supercharged cts-v for sale on this site i believe for 59,000 in the classified section putting out about 550hp. what I am looking for is a car that will out perform most cars on the road...anyone have any thoughts?...and if there is any threads out there on this, can someone post them. This is my first time in the cts-v forum, I am usually in the seville forum. Thanks.

I was thinking up to 40000 for the cts-v
and up to 15000 for performance.
Keep an eye out for my posts. We may be doing this soon.

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
lol

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ha you don't need a supercharger to have a rear end funeral apparently. Number of days the V is in shop 425 miles away = 12

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ya, but without the blower, you'd get an '06 diff for free under warranty... That's all that is holding me back!

Skeeter

·
Registered
04CTSVsc
854 Posts
Skeeter said:
Ya, but without the blower, you'd get an '06 diff for free under warranty... That's all that is holding me back!

Skeeter
This, sadly, depends on your dealership and their service department. I wouldn't take any warranty repair for granted on this car. Sooooo, why not just get the Maggie?:yup:

·
Registered
597 Posts
FWIW Lund Cadillac here in Phx will let you put on a blower and will honor your factory warranty if you pay for an extra $200 aftermarket warranty add on. I'd talk to them. Problem is you'd probably have to take the car to them. Find someone local that does something like this.

·
Registered
CTS-V
252 Posts
verbs said:
FWIW Lund Cadillac here in Phx will let you put on a blower and will honor your factory warranty if you pay for an extra $200 aftermarket warranty add on. I'd talk to them. Problem is you'd probably have to take the car to them. Find someone local that does something like this.
yep. sewell in dallas tried to tell me that upon my next differential's impending doom I will be stuck with the '05 diff again, because they're not allowed to give me an '06 since its a different model. I call BS on that one, and its going in the shop 1st of the year for an '06 diff. Otherwise, hell will once again have to be raised. At least this one lasted 8000 miles (which is 7000 miles more than diff number 1).

Ben

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
V Amazed said:
yep. sewell in dallas tried to tell me that upon my next differential's impending doom I will be stuck with the '05 diff again, because they're not allowed to give me an '06 since its a different model.
LMAO--tell me you are joking!!!

OMG---some of these dealers--they never cease to amaze me...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Katech said:
Keep an eye out for my posts. We may be doing this soon.
How do you feel about boosting the LS2's? Would the cylinder walls be too thin for any kind of longevity? I've heard of people grenading the Vette LS2's with Maggies. :bomb:
-Mike

·
Registered
No GET-RAG or GM products
637 Posts
Maggie with 2.75" pulley should give 6-7 lbs boost. Add a SteathV WildPower tune, Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, and you will have more than enough power. Not sure if the exhaust adds much power, but it sure sounds good. :) All of the above can be had for around $6100.

The car will run the 1/4 mile in 13.00 secs with stock tires, traction limited - spinning through third gear and halfway down the track. The sixty foot times will be lousy, typically 2.2 secs, but trap speed will be around 115, which is a good indication of how much power your making to the wheels. Using the trap speed and weight of the V to calculate HP yields RWHP of 499 and Flywheel HP of 588. Disclaimer - these numbers are a rough approximation.

You can use HP calculators to estimate HP for 1/4 trap speed, an example can be found here:

http://www.speedworldmotorplex.com/calc.htm

GT

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
-uplink- said:
How do you feel about boosting the LS2's? Would the cylinder walls be too thin for any kind of longevity? I've heard of people grenading the Vette LS2's with Maggies. :bomb:
-Mike
Based on what I have been told, it all depends on cylinder pressure, (substantially) regardless of boost levels. In other words, you could boost a 10.5 to 1 compression motor (like V motors) 20 lbs, but if it is only generating, say, 450 rwhp, I wouldn't worry too much about it. On the flip side, if you were able to get 650 rwhp out of boosting the car only 4 lbs, I'd be VERY concerned. Granted, these examples are rather silly, but they illustrate the point.

I'm willing to bet that there wouldn't be a problem putting a maggie on a LS2 motor though...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Probably depends on how you use (or abuse) it as well. If you drive like a sane person during the week and track it once in a while you'll get more life than someone that drives like every traffic light is a Christmas tree.
:burn:
-Mike

1 - 20 of 33 Posts