Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys currently looking to buy a V but don't kno if I should get coupe or 4 dr I recently had a c63 and I loved it! And now have a srt8 truck but not my style! Is there any differences between coupes and 4 drs? And I am looking for a black raven edition any help appreciated

·
Registered
2014 CTS PERFORMANCE SEDAN
15 Posts
Kidjnco23 said:
Ok guys currently looking to buy a V but don't kno if I should get coupe or 4 dr I recently had a c63 and I loved it! And now have a srt8 truck but not my style! Is there any differences between coupes and 4 drs? And I am looking for a black raven edition any help appreciated
Same cars, one is a 4 door and one a coupe. I had a client trade in a c63 for a coupe V . I drove the c63 for a while and saw the difference was night and day! However , I just got a black raven sedan with satin wheels a d red calipers that looks soooo hot. I say , go sedan!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking for a 12 and don't the calipers usually come in yellow??

----------

And any major problems with v's??

·
Registered
2012 Mercedes E63 Amg Station Wagon
1,348 Posts
2013 was the first year for the red caliper option, in 2012 it was either yellow or the stock silver ones. But they can always be powder coated easily enough or even regular brake caliper paint available at most auto supply places. How about a Wagon, same car only a lot more utility. Times running out to order a new 2013 (I think the end of the month) and to have the last year of this car would be cool.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
True if I were to find a good deal on a 13 I might take it,but it all depends!

----------

There's a 12 coupe with 3,000 mls on it and their asking $54 and it's a black raven edition!

·
Registered
Founder, OBWC
572 Posts
Same cars, one is a 4 door and one a coupe. I had a client trade in a c63 for a coupe V . I drove the c63 for a while and saw the difference was night and day! However , I just got a black raven sedan with satin wheels a d red calipers that looks soooo hot. I say , go sedan!
Not quite - the Coupe has push-button door handles and proximity sensors, things that the sedan and wagon do not have. Those little items are pretty cool, IMHO and should have been included as standard across the line.

Also, the rear seats in the Coupe are almost useless, and are annoying to use as you have to wait for the motorized seat to move forward (IIRC?)... if you're the kind of guy that envisions frequently having more than 1 passenger, I would suggest the 4-door sedan 9 times out of 10. The Coupe looks cooler and more aggressive though, but I had to strike it off my personal list because of young children, car seats and longer trips requiring Wagonesque cargo capacity.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
My last v was a loaded raven black sedan. Thoroughly enjoyed it. It was beautiful when clean (for about 30 minutes). After my last son moved out I moved to the coupe (which I now love even more than the sedan). Both are amazing vehicles that I recommend over anything in this price range. Having had both I can tell you the coupe is a little bit smaller inside than the sedan and the sunroof limits headroom up front. I am 6' and 190 lbs and can fit comfortably in the drivers seat but with only about 2" above my head. The sedan certainly has more rear seat room but is a little on the small size and is not very comfortable on long trips. If you are going to carry more than one person regularly go with the sedan if not, go for the coupe!

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Sedan, Black, 6MT, no mods, LED int bulb swap
244 Posts
The coupe has the blind spot feature in the mirrors.
George

·
Registered
2012 V sedan crystal red/ light titanium A6, 2010 GS LPE 650
68 Posts
Visually the coupe tends to either send you or it doesn't. Personally it doesn't ring my bell. The wagon is definitely more practical. I would have bought the wagon, except every time I looked at one, I thought of Chevy Chase tooling around in that wagon. Fortunately I really like the looks of the sedan, so I went with a new 12 sedan recently & absolutely love it. So you probably should ask yourself if the coupe really excites you to look at it & the practical compromises over the sedan are okay, then go for the coupe. The coupe does have a significant blind spot( aided by an assist), the front windshield is a little lower than the sedan & obviously the rear seat area is more difficult to get in & out of than the sedan.

·
Registered
2014 CTS PERFORMANCE SEDAN
15 Posts
1997BlackETC said:
Offer em like 62K on a 2013, nothing ventured nothing gained, you never know.
62k on a 2013 is a bit of a longshot,( unless its a base v) there still are some "new 2012" out there that might get you closer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts