Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6, 2016 Malibu 1.5T
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So this is so far my second engine and I am in fear my timing chain is going out very soon.

I keep my oil topped off, but just recently about 2 weeks ago I started hearing this whooping low sound in my engine when I turned it on for about 2-3 seconds.

My old engine had a rattle sound at start up.

Now today my car sort of has the rpms bobble up and down under mid- hard acceleration from a complete stop.
If I slam the gas from 15-20 mph the car speeds up and has no issues.
If I slam the gas from complete stop it makes my body go back and foward and the car sort of bunny hops as the revs keep cutting off as its accelerating.

This is not to be confused with coil pack issues as when the coil packs fail the car jerks, this is only from a complete stop and the revs sort of keep bouncing back on their way up.

Any clue on what this issue is? I tried searching but I could not find a similar problem.

Thanks guys. :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2PPKrDnMCU&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So then it might be a tranny issue? wouldnt it be slipping? power is being cut, I would imagine the rpms going high but the car going under slow acceleration, the jerks show the tranny is not slipping, or do I have the wrong idea?
Torque converter may be the issue?

·
Registered
2006 3.6L CTS, Hotchkis Sway Bars, FE2
526 Posts
So then it might be a tranny issue? wouldnt it be slipping? power is being cut, I would imagine the rpms going high but the car going under slow acceleration, the jerks show the tranny is not slipping, or do I have the wrong idea?
Torque converter may be the issue?
Yea that's what I meant. I have a similar issue. After spending countless hours researching transmission and engine issues, I'm almost positive it's the torque converter. However your problem while different than mine, is still similar because I get a very strong forward jerk when I hit 40 MPH on my speedo. It's the only place it does it and the issue is replicated when slowly braking. However if I floor it or stomp on the brakes, everything appears normal.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont think ill try to get this fixed anytime soon if its the torque converter, Ill just avoid any heavy accelerations from a complete stop, as it is the car still accelerates quickly from a complete stop i just have to make sure I dont go past half throttle under the first 15-20 mph.

Thanks for your suggestion.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will try to get the codes by today, also I dont think I can take it back where they replaced my engine as that is an unrelated issue, it has been close to 7-8 months from the engine replacement date.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts