Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found this on the New Era Performance site...

http://www.neweraperformanceparts.com/default.asp?S=503&A=E&PKV=otrg8|0

it is an over the Radiator intake. just a straight tube with a K&N right in front of the TB.... kinda like the vettes but on top of the rad.

i wrote to them asking if they think it would work on the V or with any slight mod to it if it would work... they replied i dont know.... lol

seems pretty good and i like that it "made more power" obviously because it a straight shot to the TB..

i know there are alot of thing to worry about, if it will clear the hood, tube lenth and diameter, MAF.....

let me know what you guys think or maybe we can make one up....

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HELL yes man thanks!!!!!! i knew someone would know or try... i'd hate to drop $3xx on it and say well....nope.. lol

post pics or w.e you find out.

thanks again

·
Registered
05 CTS-V raven black
1,131 Posts
that would be sweet and clean-up the engine bay junk'n that air box....I hope it works but I don't think there is enough hood clearance:mad:

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero
1,646 Posts
Based on attempts at this in the past, I believe the radiator need to be angled and moved to allow clearance for the intake.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
No way. I'd be very surprised if someone could make that work. Your better off just making your own design.
Keep in mind, the hood sits on the radiator cover. So if you take that off, you only have a couple inches.
When I saw the title, I thought you were talking about a Vette intake. Maybe you should try looking into those. Also, don't the F-bodys have an intake that comes over the rad support? just a thought.......

Tony

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
125 Posts
Do what you can while you can. It looks like the The General has decided to let Pontiac go the way of Oldsmobile.

·
Registered
cts-v
2,741 Posts
Do what you can while you can. It looks like the The General has decided to let Pontiac go the way of Oldsmobile.
not sure what that has to do with an air intake...

but ive noticed that lots of performance companies make stuff for all the ls power vehicle and we get left out alot. kinda sucks.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
125 Posts
not sure what that has to do with an air intake...
It has more to do with the end of a long and storied era within the auto manufacturing industry.

As far as the intake goes, it has to do with eventual parts/donor vehicle availability. perhaps it's an issue and perhaps it isn't. It may not really matter since there aren't a whole heck of a lot of first generation V's in existence to begin with.

·
Registered
'06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)
4,455 Posts
There is no room to fit an intake tube that is worth anything without lowering the radiator or cutting a hole in the hood.

If you lower the radiator then a G8 or vette intake tube may work.

Search JonCR96Z's old threads on his OTR intake and the work it took to make it happen.

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
1,415 Posts
You know..... when I rewired my engine harness I had to lift up the radiator to get at it... In traditional caddy style (if my memory serves me correctly) the radiator was supported on both corners by two large rubber mounts... Now I'm sure you don't want to put the ratiator on the bare frame.... but I'd imagine those rubber mounts could be shortened by an inch or so w/o significantly changing much...... how much space are we going to need for the G8 or the Vette or the F-body aintake air tubes? If it's close we could lower it a little... but if you need more than an inch and a half or two inches... forget aout it.

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
wouldn't it be better to make it as low as possilble? (colder air) Would the radiator right there make the air warmer too? Just playing devil's advocate here :lildevil:

·
Banned
05 CTS-V
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
damn... thanks c6racer for the try. and thanks tom for the links. f-that for all that work mind as well get EPP to do the procharger kit lol

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V Coupe
1,635 Posts
Im sure it'd be pricey, but couldnt you get a custom radiator made with a 3-4" drop in the middle of the top? Lowering it as Jon did would make me really scared of speed bumps!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts