Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....at the fireworks tent today. My neighbor kids were depending on me to go big this year. We have several people and their kids coming over tomorrow for BBQ in the cul de sac, so I went on a small shopping spree. TO THE TUNE OF $530 :thepan: :thumbsup: :bomb: :banana: :gungrin: :cheers: :woohoo: gay :nanaparty:

Best part is tomorrow is the wife's 31st B-day. She wanted the Apple IPhone thingy and I told her there's NO WAY I'd spend $500 on a phone. :hide: :p

Pics to come after dinner!

·
Registered
1996 DeVille, 1985 Brougham SAGE GREEN!
2,750 Posts
....at the fireworks tent today. My neighbor kids were depending on me to go big this year. We have several people and their kids coming over tomorrow for BBQ in the cul de sac, so I went on a small shopping spree. TO THE TUNE OF $530 :thepan: :thumbsup: :bomb: :banana: :gungrin: :cheers: :woohoo: gay :nanaparty:

Best part is tomorrow is the wife's 31st B-day. She wanted the Apple IPhone thingy and I told her there's NO WAY I'd spend $500 on a phone. :hide: :p

Pics to come after dinner!

You sir, are a REAL American. If i had $530 to blow on useless stuff, youd better believe it would be on fireworks. Screw the phone. Good choice!

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Things just got out of hand...That I'll be needed for the next month

Aside from the fact that the 3rd is the wife's B-day and the 4th is my dad's B-day, I'm going all out for other reasons. My neighbor found out he has colon cancer about a month ago (he's only 40), and I put him to sleep for his first surgery. He had some serious complications and subsequently had a second (larger) surgery. He just got home today so I'm celebrating his return. His kids have also been a bit stressed over the whole hospitalization as an event, so I decided today to put a smile on their faces. We're going to have a lot of fun tommorrow.

Happy Independence Day!

Pic of the morters and the BIG stuff, 500 and 700 gram charges:

Small assorted thingies for the kids including snakes, sparklers, tanks, smoke bombs etc:

·
Registered
04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune
4,750 Posts

Have fun dude,I'm on a firework time out with the shirt I ruined yesterday.

·
Registered
41,011 Posts

At least you didn't put your eye out. :alchi:

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,973 Posts
One of the downsides of the land of the midnight sun is that it doesn't get dark for another month or two. Some people give it the Hezbollah treatment and cut loose with the old moose rifle out the back door. Pipe bombs and dynamite also have their advocates. A weather balloon filled with acetylene and oxygen will also rattle windows for miles around.

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That would be me. You missed my joke,
You don't keep the wife happy, you not happy.
Ohhhh now I get it! :D I'm slow on the uptake sometimes. But now I'm pickin' up what you're layin' down. :highfive:

·
Registered
None now...1972 Challenger=my pride and joy.
5,702 Posts
Damnitt all! I desperately need to leave California...

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,979 Posts
I have a neighbor who is essentially a big kid with money. He makes his own M80's except that they are more like hand grenades. He puts on a fireworks display every year that rivals most nearby towns. I think he spends like 10G's on this stuff and the truck that delivers it is tracked by GPS. I have helped him launch the 6" & 8" mortars a few times, but quit after a few short fuses that blew in the tubes. Having been on the receiving end of hand grenades before, those where a little too close for comfort, but what an adrenalin rush and a hell of a show. Have fun Rolex, not that you couldn't even if you tried.

·
Registered
1989 Sedan DeVille is now just a fond memory ....
10,429 Posts
Damnitt all! I desperately need to leave California...
No you don't, you just have to go where fireworks are allowed. Our church youth group has a fireworks booth every year. The proceeds fund their department for the year. Of course, we are limited to 'Safe & Sane' fireworks. We are selling Phantom this year.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts