Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 XTS Vsport AWD
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Things I wish I had, things maybe Cadillac will consider for future models:

A small blue dot in the HUD when my hi beams are on. Would make it easier to confirm whether I have hi beams on as I approach another car and I am controlling the hi/low beams manually.

A different color blind spot warning icon on my side view mirrors, maybe red, to more easily differentiate it from the orange turn signal light at the side of the mirrors. I once was merging into a freeway combination on-ramp/off-ramp with my left blinker on and almost mistook the blind spot warning light for a car that was trying to exit, for my turn indicator light.

Brighter backup lights. My backup lights are essentially useless, barely brighter than the license plate light.

Range or Distance to Empty (DTE) on my Instrument Cluster, Performance Configuration. It shows it in the User's Manual but I can't find it! I currently show Trip 1 odometer + avg. mpg. What I would really like is Range + avg. mpg. Cadillac makes it way to hard and confusing to customize the instrument cluster, in my opinion.

·
Registered
2014 XTS-4 Vsport Premium
74 Posts
The Range to empty is there. there is a slew of choices to turn on trip 1 or trip 2 range to empty, avg miles traveled, etc etc. you have to turn those fuctions on in your display. I agree with you on the blind spot warning in the side mirrors. I fixed the back up lights myself. A 3 minute job by replacing the bulbs with a very bright set of led back up lights.

·
Registered
XTS VSport-550+ lb-ft of torque, ATS 2.0T AWD HPTuners tuned
2,694 Posts
LEDs are brigher to the eye, but won't help in seeing out of the back of the car or help the back camera. In another thread was the suggestion of another bulb that helps Silver Start 921 ST.

·
Registered
2016 XTS-4 Luxury
21 Posts
I was disappointed to find out after purchasing my new XTS that after many years of people complaining of the lack of control over when the HID lights come on that GM would have made this simple option available for those of us that prefer the headlights not come on briefly at most startups. The HIDs come on every time the car is started inside a garage and stay on until outside in the daylight then shut off. This short cycles the HID transformers and therefor needlessly shortens the life of these expensive components expotentionally. Every other non-GM car I have owned with auto headlights had an off option but for some reason GM continues to refuse us this feature. When I was a Corvette owner this was a much discussed issue on the Corvette forums and arguably one of the biggest complaints.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts