Things I did to my ride today!

2K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  MDH20s 
#1 ·
2003 CTS Sport/Lux

V grill + emblem $165.00
spoiler $100.00
CV-7's $1,500 new, yeah great deal on them
Goodyear F1 245/45/18 $1,150

So glad I went with 18" over 20" in person these 18" look HUGE!

I had never had anyone comment on my caddy until today I have 6 people comment on this thing. This picture don't due it justice in person it really pops!!

Got quite a few mods yet to do.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
#9 · (Edited)
I think I am the only one that actually likes the clear bezel - I bought a black bezel for 75 bucks 3 weeks after i got my car, and at this point have not replaced the clear one yet - I do not see any other CTS's around me with the clear - so I think it stands out as a classy option...Then again, I like the amber side markers and drl's on my black car also - no plan to change them either...???

#12 ·
I got the grill and spoiler on ebay I had to modify the grill the emblem bracket a little off but JB weld and then it's golden. The spoiler was painted to match already.

I also got the rims off eBay from a liquidator only set he had.

I will post links of the item later.

#14 · (Edited)
I have to agree, the bezel looks bad... Here is mine. I can't decide on which spoiler to get... The flush mount or the raised... I am leaning toward the raised just because everyone has the flush.. lol I have the clear sides, V-grill, 19's, chrome tips, and aftermarket brushed aluminum trim inside.

Attachments

#23 ·
Looks identical to that! You can get the kit off e-bay right now. It is a huge improvement. They also have the "black chrome" kit. I was wondering if anyone has done that and how it looked?

Also, what is the safest way to get that damn dealer sticker off my car? lol

If I wasn't at work I would post a picture of the aluminum trim in my caddy. I will try to remember to post the picture tonight when I get home.

#24 ·
That is excellent - I am going to look for it now...Curious to what pieces it includes.

Dealer sticker - I guess there are different types - I removed the one off my wifes car by doing the following:

1. Wash it thoroughly with warm soapy water to remove any dirt that could scrath the paint.
2. Soak it in Goo gone (Keep soaking it throughout the process)
3. I used a soft plastic spatula inside a clean cotton cloth to lightly scrape it off - again keep soaking as you go - took me about 10 minutes (tedious).
4. wash and wax the area you were working on...

I have been told you can substitute bug and tar remover spray for the goo gone, but I have never tried that before...Good luck and thanks for the tip on where to look for the interior trim kit.

#29 ·
I tried to attach the pictures of the aluminum trim from home and I kept getting a security token error. I gave up at about 11pm. I will have to send them to work and then attach them from here.

I will try to get that sticker off this weekend and get you all off my back... lol

I appreciate the constructive criticism!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.