Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS 3.6 Black on Black 1SC
493 Posts
If you decide not to use your bezel, let me know. Mine has a dent in it.

I will keep you in mind if I do sell it - I was going to ask if that was a dent in the top left of yours - but just thought it was a reflection of something...Your car is nice, I was just busting balls about the sticker (but do remove it...) Also, consider painting the calipers for an easy, cheap improvement...

·
Registered
493 Posts
I have to agree, the bezel looks bad... Here is mine. I can't decide on which spoiler to get... The flush mount or the raised... I am leaning toward the raised just because everyone has the flush.. lol I have the clear sides, V-grill, 19's, chrome tips, and aftermarket brushed aluminum trim inside.
MDH - One more thing, can reply with pics, cost and vendor information on the brushed aluminum interior pieces? I ordered my BMW that way and like it way more than the wood trim...Never heard of this for the CTS but would love to do it, appreciate any info - thanks. Similiar looking to this or no?

·
Registered
CTS
95 Posts
Looks identical to that! You can get the kit off e-bay right now. It is a huge improvement. They also have the "black chrome" kit. I was wondering if anyone has done that and how it looked?

Also, what is the safest way to get that damn dealer sticker off my car? lol

If I wasn't at work I would post a picture of the aluminum trim in my caddy. I will try to remember to post the picture tonight when I get home.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Looks identical to that! You can get the kit off e-bay right now. It is a huge improvement. They also have the "black chrome" kit. I was wondering if anyone has done that and how it looked?

Also, what is the safest way to get that damn dealer sticker off my car? lol

If I wasn't at work I would post a picture of the aluminum trim in my caddy. I will try to remember to post the picture tonight when I get home.

That is excellent - I am going to look for it now...Curious to what pieces it includes.

Dealer sticker - I guess there are different types - I removed the one off my wifes car by doing the following:

1. Wash it thoroughly with warm soapy water to remove any dirt that could scrath the paint.
2. Soak it in Goo gone (Keep soaking it throughout the process)
3. I used a soft plastic spatula inside a clean cotton cloth to lightly scrape it off - again keep soaking as you go - took me about 10 minutes (tedious).
4. wash and wax the area you were working on...

I have been told you can substitute bug and tar remover spray for the goo gone, but I have never tried that before...Good luck and thanks for the tip on where to look for the interior trim kit.

·
Registered
2016 CTS4 Black
46 Posts
That is excellent - I am going to look for it now...Curious to what pieces it includes.

Dealer sticker - I guess there are different types - I removed the one off my wifes car by doing the following:

1. Wash it thoroughly with warm soapy water to remove any dirt that could scrath the paint.
2. Soak it in Goo gone (Keep soaking it throughout the process)
3. I used a soft plastic spatula inside a clean cotton cloth to lightly scrape it off - again keep soaking as you go - took me about 10 minutes (tedious).
4. wash and wax the area you were working on...

I have been told you can substitute bug and tar remover spray for the goo gone, but I have never tried that before...Good luck and thanks for the tip on where to look for the interior trim kit.
To remove the dealer sticker you can do all of the above and break out the wife's hair dryer to heat the sticker a little bit (don't go crazy - just warm to the touch). That will keep the sticker pliable and it will come off a little easier and in larger pieces.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,828 Posts
To remove the dealer sticker you can do all of the above and break out the wife's hair dryer to heat the sticker a little bit (don't go crazy - just warm to the touch). That will keep the sticker pliable and it will come off a little easier and in larger pieces.
Or better yet, if you are able to do it. Leave it in the sun for a few hours before going out and taking it off. Would be a more natural way of heating it up and all. I was lucky, the dealer that I bought mine from did not put their sticker on it. Not even the previous owner's dealership either. :thumbsup:

The only sticker that is on mine, is a circle of the Cadillac emblem. So Im not bothered by it.

KOT

·
Registered
CTS
95 Posts
I tried to attach the pictures of the aluminum trim from home and I kept getting a security token error. I gave up at about 11pm. I will have to send them to work and then attach them from here.

I will try to get that sticker off this weekend and get you all off my back... lol

I appreciate the constructive criticism!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts