Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
81 Coupe DeVille 4/6/8
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know my CDV got stolen and I was lucky enough to get it back only mildly stripped. After that I started disconnecting certain things under the hood to keep it from starting. Then a week ago I found my car unlocked in the morn, I thought ok I f'up and forgot to lock it. Then in the next 5 days I found it unlocked 4 times, the last time I drove it came home and left with someone else. Came back it was unlocked and I made sure to lock it and this was during the day. So someone has been tring to steal it again! Bastards! F that! So I spent what little money I had and purchased an alarm, a good one too, and put it on myself. Then this morn at about 6a.m. my alarm went off, I slep threw it till my room mate woke me and told me to shut it off. I didn't think nothing about it, then when I went to leave I checked the LED to see why it went off. It was the door code the bastards came back and tried to slimjim my car! Luckily they got a suprise, but I wish I would've woke right away and saw them. Sorry so long but had to rant.

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
Connect the body of the car to 120v and leave it wet under it....

You will find out who.....

(this is for humor purposes only! do not actually do this!)

·
Registered
927 Posts
The whole situation is EXTREMELY ODD ok after they stole it i think theres a possibility maybe an electrical problem occured.

Why would they come back open the car and not take anything? Again and again why would htey just practice opening the doors but not take anything?

I'm thinking that a door lock switch could be stuck causing the locks to open if there is electronic locks and the door pin switch may be stuck open causing the alarm to false.

If you are sure of what is happening then set up a camera thats the only way because if they are trying to steal it again I would think its for revenge and not necessarily for profit.

Make sure you check the electricaly components it's very plausible a pin switch is stuck or grounding and the locks are malfunctioning after the theft occured.

It's easy after a violation of privacy to remain cautious/paranoid but under the circumstances you described I doubt someone would open a car liek that day after day.

On a last note if they are coming in but it won't start because you are disconnecting parts then I would suggest using a relay to disable the starter this way you don't haev to disconnect anything under the hood.

You can also disable the fuel pump etc. for more security.

A camera will still be the best for this type of event or if you really want payback take a few days stay up leave the car connected and ready to be stolen LET THEM steal it then follow them if you'd like and call the police the only way to truly stop this if you don't know them is to catch them in the act that's the only way they can be prosecuted successfully.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Thats bad man!

Check the electrics as suggested, but the chances are they are getting in and failing to start it.

I would set up a cheap CCTV camera, let it run to a 14" TV and watch it as you go about your evening business. Stay up and watch it all night, make sure to hide the camera so they cant see it, and wait for them to come.

Then when they try to take it go out and bust his ass, phone the police before you go out, then "use appropriate force" until the police get there

As for the broken ribs, they were like that already :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I made two investments when i bought my cadillacs. the first were the cadillacs themselves and the second was the .44 magnum revolver that will take any would be thieves head clean off.

Dirty Harry drives a fleetwood.

:devil:

·
Registered
1994 Sedan Deville
2,146 Posts
N0DIH said:
Connect the body of the car to 120v and leave it wet under it....

You will find out who.....

(this is for humor purposes only! do not actually do this!)
:worship: I must confess that I've thought about this several times. But the lawsuit stemming from it deters me everytime.:D

D

·
0 Posts
addison_ii said:
:worship: I must confess that I've thought about this several times. But the lawsuit stemming from it deters me everytime.:D
plus god wouldn't like it either:hide: .

·
Registered
927 Posts
The main reason why i dont think the thieves are coming back for the car is why would they dump a car and then want it back to finish tearing it apart?

Then it's also very stupid to strike at the same car every day there's just too much chance at getting caught.

it's not likely they are coming back daily but everything is possible this just doesn't fit the average profile

Let us know what happens

·
Registered
81 Coupe DeVille 4/6/8
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ocjmakaveli said:
The main reason why i dont think the thieves are coming back for the car is why would they dump a car and then want it back to finish tearing it apart?

Then it's also very stupid to strike at the same car every day there's just too much chance at getting caught.

it's not likely they are coming back daily but everything is possible this just doesn't fit the average profile

Let us know what happens
The thing is that after I got the car back the fuse for the power locks was blown and I left it that way untill I installed the alarm, everytime they tried the locks had no power. Plus after the first 2 times, I would double check the locks, cause I thought it was possible that they were poping back up. So I don't think that was the deal.

And it's possible that something happened to thier car and now they need more parts. Replace the fenders to get rid of the bullet holes, ect. Plus I did put a set of 14in Supemes on it, I don't know why they would want them, but you never know.

Unfortunitly I can't afford to splurge for a cctv system right now, I know thier not to expensive but I'm tapped out right now. I do now sleep with a bat and my phone next to my bed. I'm going to make sure I won't sleep through my alarm again!

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
Stay up and watch out a window. Get a gun, when you see them yell something out the window and shoot one in the thigh. Then while he's down tell him next time you aim higher and to the middle.....

What did they strip off it before? I'd get this shit taken care fo because it looks like these guys have it out for you and they're following you.

·
Registered
1986 Fleetwood Brougham D'elgance
204 Posts
If someone is indeed trying to steal your car and you want to catch them.
This is what you do.

Get a old cam corder and set it up to watch your car and then get you a Alum bat or Stun gun.
When the F#% comes to try and steal your car you beat his ass to knock his arse out and then ROB his arse. Take his wallet with what ever valved items on him.Take his method of transportation and if possible goto his house and take his shit while he is in the trunk of his car.
Return to your home with his shit and put it in the garage
Then call the police and when they arrive show them the tape of him attempting to steal your car. When says you went to his house to take his shit they will never belive him.
Trust me he will never attempt to steal from you or anyone in your area again. My friend and I did this to someone and now I have a nice sound system in my backup car along with spare amps and radios along with a quick 60 bucks for gas.

TRUE EVENT

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Big Blue, that is class!

Fixing things "the old way"

A guy was jealous of my 94 MB 320 SEL. He slashed the tyres, not long after i took delivery of a Bentley Turbo R and ran him over, he never touched myc ars again :D

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
Nice!! Did you run him over with the Bentley or the SEL? We had a Bentley Turbo R (2001 or 2002 model) at work for a while. PLEASE post some exhaust sound clips, that is the best exhaust I have EVER heard!!!!

If anything, send it to me directly! Stereo is preffered!

We were doing the factory installed cell phone stuff for it. Tweaking the backlight colors and such.

mccombie_5 said:
Big Blue, that is class!

Fixing things "the old way"

A guy was jealous of my 94 MB 320 SEL. He slashed the tyres, not long after i took delivery of a Bentley Turbo R and ran him over, he never touched myc ars again :D

·
Registered
927 Posts
I would suggest before anyone tries these superman stunts to haev a little spare cash on hand for legal reasons Just in Case it doesn't go as planned.

It's very easy for this to get out of hand and in the court of law of the USA things can go any which way you can shoot a guy that is in your car but since he did not physically pose a threat to you then they can still convict you of manslaughter or some such bs like that.

Chances are if you shoot the guy he won't be in the car because you most likely won't want to shoot up your car and get it bloody second when he gets out of the car it's hard to prove that he was there to steal the car in the first place especially if the guy has a clean record either way though there will be an investigation and your betting on the competence of the cops which isn't always great.

Still a great story but I've seen things get way out of hand in a blink of an eye and I wouldn't try it myself anytime soon.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
N0DIH said:
Nice!! Did you run him over with the Bentley or the SEL? We had a Bentley Turbo R (2001 or 2002 model) at work for a while. PLEASE post some exhaust sound clips, that is the best exhaust I have EVER heard!!!!
If anything, send it to me directly! Stereo is preffered!
We were doing the factory installed cell phone stuff for it. Tweaking the backlight colors and such.
Ah I'm 'fraid this was in 1995, it was the one that looks like this:

I hit him with the Bentley, I waited outside his apartment building, in the dark, minus my headlights, and floored it, had he not heard the roar it would have hit him full on:sneaky:

·
Registered
'80 Fleetwood Coupe, 1994 and 1995 Mercedes 140 Coupe
2,096 Posts
Big_Blue said:
Get a old cam corder and set it up to watch your car and then get you a Alum bat or Stun gun.

Just curious. Why do you prefer the Aluminum bat? They actually make a little more noise than the wooden ones over a kneecap.

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
420 CID (7L) turbo? Still likely sounds good. We had it backed into a stall in the garage and I stood between the tail pipes when he started it up. Awesome, just awesome sound....

The guys from Bentley said to go for a cruise with it, but our boss said no way. I guess with a ride 2x or more of his salary, he wasn't gonna chance it. We drove it around the garage at least....

So it taught him a lesson in manners I see? Some people just respond to alternative measures better....

mccombie_5 said:
Ah I'm 'fraid this was in 1995, it was the one that looks like this:

I hit him with the Bentley, I waited outside his apartment building, in the dark, minus my headlights, and floored it, had he not heard the roar it would have hit him full on:sneaky:

·
Registered
81 Coupe DeVille 4/6/8
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I was kinda thinking about using a 9 iron, that nice wedge shape I think would hurt alot or mabey the old school wood bat :bouncer: . I think the alarm scared them off though. But I have a good idea on the area, that they live in. My car had hardley any gas in it when it was stolen, so they couldn't have lived far from where it was dumped. Now can you really go to the DMV and get a list of owners of certain vehicals? That would make it easier. I think I'm going to try to find this bastard and go back with some friends and teach them a leason. If he didn't know where I lived this would be alot better! I also thought about stealing his car and getting my parts back and break exactly everything he broke on my car. That would be perfect justice.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts