Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2009 3.6DI radiant CTS fully loaded
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"They see me rollin', they hatin' patrolling and tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty..."

Stupid laws!!!

I was cruising with my CTS last night and this cop flashed me with his lights to stop by the side of the road, and so I did.
I opened my window and he tells me: "How come you're driving with your fogs on and flashing everybody...?" And so he took my license and went back to his car. It took him 15 minutes to write me a ticket, the dumb a$$.
So when he came back to my car and gave me the ticket I saw it's 50$, so I told him "What the hell?! couldn't you just warn me?!" and he left!!! :rant2:
On my way back home I was driving behind him and saw him driving inside the city at 60 mph!!! Twice then the allowed speed!!! *******!

I just felt I need to write/share it... :bigroll:

vireXtyle

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,974 Posts
Re: "They see me rollin', they hatin' patrolling and tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty.

Man!! He was just telling you that you're a menace to society.

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
Re: "They see me rollin', they hatin' patrolling and tryin' to catch me ridin' dirty.

Man!! He was just telling you that you're a menace to society.
I hope that statment is sarcastic...... if it wasnt you are growing ghey with your old age.

I bet you shake your fist at those young kids alot

DAMMNN U KIDDS!!!

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts

what was the flashing?
that actually is illegal to have strobed lights on while the cars in motion, even if your strobing them (ie flashing them manually), they are a distraction just as much as high beaming an oncoming car
they could of also ticketed you for interfering with a investigation (ie you were flashing your lights to warn of a speed trap up ahead)
they could also tack that up to impersonating an officer, i bs you not my friend had strobes in his TC (Lincoln) and they ticketed him for it.

·
Premium Member
28,974 Posts

I don't think we're getting the whole unbiased story. I was being sarcastic. The part I don't understand is that you were obviously doing something unconventional and erratic to draw attention to yourself and when the cop noticed you it's somehow his fault. I'm sure the cop has plenty to do besides deal with petulant children.

·
Banned
2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant
15,987 Posts

me thinks so too DK cuz based on what he even said, its illegal
oh and btw the nav was busted on install had to send it back waiting on a replacement from them to try the disc

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,449 Posts

I don't think we're getting the whole unbiased story. I was being sarcastic. The part I don't understand is that you were obviously doing something unconventional and erratic to draw attention to yourself and when the cop noticed you it's somehow his fault. I'm sure the cop has plenty to do besides deal with petulant children.
Yeah, I agree with Koz. We're not getting the whole story.

Do you have you fogs as strobes? Is it illegal in Tel-Aviv to run with your fogs on? I can't see that being illegal, but you never know.

If you weren't doing anything wrong, then you can fight it.
If you were doing something wrong, and you got caught, thats your fault.
If you were doing something wrong, but you were pulled over for something else, and the cop inadvertently caught you, then again its your fault.

·
Registered
CTS
2,557 Posts

Remember fellas, VIRXTILE is from another country so how knows them laws.In CA, they trip off tint not Fogs...

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,449 Posts

Remember fellas, VIRXTILE is from another country so how knows them laws.In CA, they trip off tint not Fogs...
he used the word 'flashing', not just having your fogs on. Indicates to me that he had some mod done to his fogs. That, or its illegal in Tel Aviv to run with your fogs on.

·
Registered
CTS
2,557 Posts

he used the word 'flashing', not just having your fogs on. Indicates to me that he had some mod done to his fogs. That, or its illegal in Tel Aviv to run with your fogs on.

Shit, they have weird styles in other countries..... As far as I know, they were probably flashing like if he had his hazards on :alchi::stirpot:

Its probably this car http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2300434

haha Just messin with you man...... Dont get butt hurt

·
Premium Member
28,974 Posts

Young people worldwide do stuff trying to be cool and draw attention to their coolness. If you're cool enough the cops take you to their cooler. That's way cool.

·
Registered
04 CTS SPORT/LUX W/NAVI LIGHT PLATINUM ON BLACK- COOL MODS!
1,313 Posts

Remember...... Those that make and or enforce the rules do not have to follow them.....................

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts

·
Premium Member
28,974 Posts

If you're a flasher you should move to Miami or Los Angeles.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts

Sounds to me that the driver/poster was ticked that the cop took 15 min to write ticket. I suspect poster would have been happy if cop took either more or less time than 15 min. ??

Sounds like a whine and cheese party.

·
Registered
CTS
753 Posts

I will assume that unless Virxitile is a fellow Hebrew, he is guilty of DWA. Driving While Arabic. I could be wrong, but you don't see Cadillacs in Tel Aviv. The taxi cabs are all Mercedes Benzos, and the locals don't care for fancy rides that attract dings and dents. Cops got better things to do than bug people for flashing they're lights. Mr. Virxitile was up to no good.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts