Cadillac Owners Forum banner

81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
'85 Sedan de Ville, '10 CTS-V
593 Posts
This is definitely a joke lmao. Props to them for getting so much attention/so many replies though
Read so fast I missed that bad grammar.

Well, suffices to say my wife's from Philippines (I was born here, to clarify who's from where), and she's somehow reluctant to replace tires, for some strange/inherent reason. I guess they don't have minimum required tread depth over there.

She once went on a trip to Vegas in our now ex AR Giulia, (it was a lease), and returned with a destroyed runflat. I guess she didn't notice the TPMS light....

But on the other end of the spectrum, (I guess you could put it), she is a board certified MD and quite good at it from what I can tell....

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
1,806 Posts
It is amazing how many if not ALL folks never read the car owner manual. When I was a tractor-trailer driver license instructor I was amazed at how many students did not know anything about mechanical things. Even after 14 days of classroom instruction.

·
Registered
2000 Deville DHS
722 Posts
I have trouble getting through the first 100 pages on how to fasten a seat belt. Generally head for the index first and things that move around a lot like the cruise control.
I totally agree. I remember thinking the same thing like “damn are they that scared of being liable for people dying during accidents”? How complicated could seat belts possibly be?
I just counted and there’s 53 pages dedicated to the seat belts in my 2000 owner’s manual.

I feel the same way about the index. So much so that after buying my owner’s manual off Ebay, I wound up at the most useful section, the index only to find there was a page missing. Man I got so upset.. I emailed the seller and asked him what’s up? He asked me if I wanted a refund, I said hell yea I want a refund. To this day I’ve tried looking up a bunch of stuff that would be on that missing page. Lol.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac Premium CTS, Diamond Black
5 Posts
I believe we had talked about vehicle inspections in another thread. This is the exact reason we need them.
I thinking since she mentioned Stripes and HEB, she must be in Tx, so the car has to be inspected, thankfully!! Those tires couldn't have been inspected for well over a year to be able to pass though. So I'm inclined to think the post is a prank.

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
9,917 Posts
Probably throws the factory tires/rims on for inspection day.

·
Registered
'09 CTS DI FE1 Luxury
1,493 Posts
May as well take this to 100...

·
Registered
2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond
1,776 Posts
OP still hasn't logged in since Post 1. Definitely a prank and we've all been had.
Or maybe he doesn't know the science of tires. Y'all scared him away...

·
Registered
2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond
1,776 Posts

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,159 Posts
Woo Hoo! Made it to 100! It looks like a wrap here.

New mission: there's a thread by the guy registered 20m ago and his first-ever post is thinking about buying an XLR-V and swapping in an LSX 454. It's in the Eldorado Parts FS section and the title is 'wat sheudl ido'

81 - 100 of 122 Posts