Cadillac Owners Forum banner

61 - 80 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are you kidding? Nobody in their right mind would drive on these tires! Do you care about your families life and the lives of others? Park the car, remove the wheels and have new tires put on your rims.

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,023 Posts

Reactions: N8ECH

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you have tires like that, replace them asap or just stay off the road until you have new tires. If you have to ask you're very irresponsible. No excuse to let tires go that far, very dangerous.
You are driving on borrowed time as it is. Get new tires ASAP.

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,443 Posts
I am leaning towards considering the original post a huge prank on all of us.
I had two thoughts; first was this is a joke (prank)...I mean it just can't be legit, but then seeing what some people drive around in...I wonder.
But, it sure has generated a lot of posts and good tongue in cheek.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks like you need some new tires. Last time the old man and I talked about "needing" new tires when we get back home, the tread came off the tire on a county hwy, 45 minutes from nearest town, on the way home. To make matter worse, the release mechanism for spare tire was broke. So we called sheriff from county we were leaving and county we were entering to find out if anyone had a tire service on a saturday afternoon. Luckily and hour and a half later, a tire service truck showed up and helped us with our problem.
Don't put if off dear friend.

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac SRX AWD Luxury
23 Posts
2009 cts 3.6 i have low pro-tires on 20s vogue with nito tires size 445/40 the little tiny wires are sticking out alittle and i can see some ...i dunno it looks like cloth or sumthin how much longer will i have befor it blow out mind you i think my car needs alignment cause the tread is wearing out on the inside of the tires the length of the pieces thats are allready gone and the wires that are sticking out ..it about 4 in. And like 6 mm across and there is a very very faint groove on the side wall i just wanna know how long do i have until it gives out ive seen tires way worse that this and they still drove their vehicles.my bf said that day it wont make it to stripes or heb but ive been driving it i drive really slow and try to leave when the street isnt lava hot.and this is my first car and i really like it.
And another ?
Will it matter if im going 5 mph or 40 mph what will happen i have little ones with me will it make and exploting ballon sound and will it eff up my rims here are some pics
Oh and one more question that little triange on one of the pics on my tire i heard it was a symbol for tires that were made around yr 2000.i just wanna know what im up against so i dont panick and crash View attachment 587201 View attachment 587202 View attachment 587203 View attachment 587204 View attachment 587205
Get real. Did you have nothing else to do but post such “dumbness” concerning tires? Safety is always first... could be the difference between life and death.... get the tires you obviously need.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,304 Posts
The OP logged in and looked at this thread 2.5 days ago at 9:30 PM. She's probably either gun shy from all the trolls or has received the feedback she wanted.

·
Registered
'85 Sedan de Ville, '10 CTS-V
587 Posts
The owner’s manual gives good instructions on how to watch/take care of your tires. I suggest reading it.

Maybe the OP came from a third world country and is new to car ownership. (I don’t want to explain how I know, but I am married. That’s as far as I’m willing to go)...

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
The owner’s manual gives good instructions on how to watch/take care of your tires. I suggest reading it.

Maybe the OP came from a third world country and is new to car ownership. (I don’t want to explain how I know, but I am married. That’s as far as I’m willing to go)...
You don't want to go any further than marriage 😁

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,023 Posts

Oh lord no. You're from overseas and your wife over here knows more about cars than you? Ouch, the ignominy of it all I don't see how you've been able to live that down. :cry:

In all seriousness, there ain't no way no how anyone who's learned enough Western English as a second language to have been able to get as much of the spelling and grammar right, could have possibly missed 100% of the associated punctuation and capitalization rules or have been as ineffective in organizing and presenting their issues. My experience has been that those non-native English speakers learning the language are super conscientious with communications, both verbal and written.

Nope, based on combined indicators a few others noted what we have here is someone (or, someone very successfully mimicking someone) with a non-functional 'Complete Sentence App', generally sloppy lazy communications (aka 'thumber's disease'), and too much time and mischief on their hands.

This thread has outlived its initial value in guiding anyone searching anything close to the title keywords, so it only holds comic relief moving ahead.

I've been losing so much sleep over this whole issue, but after spending 1,024 giga-jewels and 56,000 newton-meters I've finally uncovered the car that those tires came off of:

1599659151596.png

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Oh lord no. You're from overseas and your wife over here knows more about cars than you? Ouch, the ignominy of it all I don't see how you've been able to live that down. :cry:

In all seriousness, there ain't no way no how anyone who's learned enough Western English as a second language to have been able to get as much of the spelling and grammar right, could have possibly missed 100% of the associated punctuation and capitalization rules or have been as ineffective in organizing and presenting their issues. My experience has been that those non-native English speakers learning the language are super conscientious with communications, both verbal and written.

Nope, based on combined indicators a few others noted what we have here is someone (or, someone very successfully mimicking someone) with a non-functional 'Complete Sentence App', generally sloppy lazy communications (aka 'thumber's disease'), and too much time and mischief on their hands.

This thread has outlived its initial value in guiding anyone searching anything close to the title keywords, so it only holds comic relief moving ahead.
That's a thermal nuclear reactor that gets the wheels moving and melts ice and snow.

61 - 80 of 122 Posts