Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,235 Posts
This thread just isn't right. Please tell me that no one would even consider storing a car on these tires let alone drive on them!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,666 Posts
I work part-time behind the parts and service counter at our local Western (Tire &) Auto. We have 4 tire bays - and this sort of thing is more common than you may think ................some of the tires that leave the shop in the recycle semi- would curl your hair - many packed with Slime.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,235 Posts
I believe we had talked about vehicle inspections in another thread. This is the exact reason we need them.

·
Registered
2010 CTS4 sedan
763 Posts
My wife once upon a time insisted that she would take care of all the maintenance on her car. After a fashion, I noticed that the RF tire was low on air so I pumped it up. I noticed it was low again just a few days later and pumped it up again. After a few months of this, I couldn't stand it and I brought the car to a good tire shop. The outer sidewall and the tread looked fine but the inside sidewall had a slit scored into it by the car's suspension (probably a flange on the strut) and the cords were showing. Undoubtedly from a chronic underinflation condition. Nothing as awful as this but an accident waiting to occur. I asked that they put the tire in the trunk for show and tell later that evening back home.

My father drives may 4,000 miles a year and his tires age out before they wear out.

·
Registered
2009 CTS 3.6L DI rebuilt to FE3 J55 G80 3.42:1
973 Posts
My wife once upon a time insisted that she would take care of all the maintenance on her car.
That's funny! We may all have experienced some variant on this theme in life. Wife wants you to do something, you're busy or have other priorities, etc., so she decides to solve the problem and do it herself. Never mind it is a technical task for which she's completely unqualified. Regardless of the wife's original intent (and this is suspect), the end result is almost always you to get to fix the aftermath.

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,596 Posts
That's funny! We may all have experienced some variant on this theme in life. Wife wants you to do something, you're busy or have other priorities, etc., so she decides to solve the problem and do it herself. Never mind it is a technical task for which she's completely unqualified. Regardless of the wife's original intent (and this is suspect), the end result is almost always you to get to fix the aftermath.
And get to tell her 'I told you so', lol.

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,137 Posts
And get to tell her 'I told you so', lol.
And after you've been married any more than a couple weeks you get to remember the one thing you never tell her is "I told you so".

Or you might start getting things like, "Honey, I found this real sweet plain label beer you should try." :unsure:

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,596 Posts
And after you've been married any more than a couple weeks you get to remember the one thing you never tell her is "I told you so".

Or you might start getting things like, "Honey, I found this real sweet plain label beer you should try." :unsure:
But of course you say it in a joking way with a nice smile :)

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,137 Posts
And practicing 'safe social distancing', especially when in the kitchen.

Reactions: TA Coupe

·
Registered
2016 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
10 Posts
I think what's funny about this is that they took the time to come to a Cadillac forum for that post. Anyone who knows anything about, well, anything would know wtf to do in this case, even if it was a Yaris. At least, I would hope.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Being a female, and a caddy owner, I'm really really hoping this thread is fake. The OP cannot be this naive! I was a mechanic in the army, I'm a detailer now, so yeah I have knowledge on vehicles, but who would NOT know that these tires are highly unsafe, I mean deadly. I've seen my fair share of ditzes, but damn.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2009 cts 3.6 i have low pro-tires on 20s vogue with nito tires size 445/40 the little tiny wires are sticking out alittle and i can see some ...i dunno it looks like cloth or sumthin how much longer will i have befor it blow out mind you i think my car needs alignment cause the tread is wearing out on the inside of the tires the length of the pieces thats are allready gone and the wires that are sticking out ..it about 4 in. And like 6 mm across and there is a very very faint groove on the side wall i just wanna know how long do i have until it gives out ive seen tires way worse that this and they still drove their vehicles.my bf said that day it wont make it to stripes or heb but ive been driving it i drive really slow and try to leave when the street isnt lava hot.and this is my first car and i really like it.
And another ?
Will it matter if im going 5 mph or 40 mph what will happen i have little ones with me will it make and exploting ballon sound and will it eff up my rims here are some pics
Oh and one more question that little triange on one of the pics on my tire i heard it was a symbol for tires that were made around yr 2000.i just wanna know what im up against so i dont panick and crash View attachment 587201 View attachment 587202 View attachment 587203 View attachment 587204 View attachment 587205
The 💎 is a symbol for Vogue tires,I have a 08 Premium,I wouldn't keep trying to push those tires,I know Vogue's are expensive,but you should go to a regular size tire,low profile tires ride hard&as for the wear on the inside,definitely get a alignment soon as you get your new tires,no one can HONESTLY say when the tire will go,if you can get new one,there's PLENTY of places that sell used tires&I'm pretty sure you can find tires that have less than 500 miles on them or less! But I would get those worn tires OFF,that's NOT SAFE,for YOU OR YOUR LITTLE ONES! From one CTS OWNER to another,SAFETY FIRST! Trust me YOU'LL❤how the 🚗 rides on non-low pro tires! Holla!😎💯😉

·
Registered
2 Posts
HOLY CRAP !!! GET THOSE TIRES REPLACED ASAP AND DO NOT DRIVE THAT CAR ANYWHERE! If you want to play Russian Roulette with your life then do it some other way but as previously pointed out, you are putting other drivers on the road at risk. What if it blows and you run someone over on the sidewalk or run into another car that causes a chain reaction. The list is a mile long of what could happen. Don't buy a car that you can not afford the maintenance for ..... always do your homework before you purchase a vehicle, end of story.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Your odds of striking a person in a vital area with your shotgun blast are low as long as you watch your range and don’t get too close. Go ahead and roll the dice

·
Registered
2014 CTS Performance 2.0T
4 Posts
ANEONMIDNIGHT, guessing by the mention of HEB, you are in TX. That being the case, find one of those used tire shops or find the stock wheels and get NEW TIRES. DO NOT PUT YOUR KIDS IN THAT CAR. Also if you’re in TX you either haven’t had the car inspected or are willfully ignoring the state law. If you can’t afford a newer set of tires for those rims, you should ask yourself if having Dubs is worth your little ones lives. Sorry to be harsh but it seems you might need it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
"the wires that are sticking out " thoroughly ex. Could cause a fire in a dry region. Tread separation can cause a lot of body damage.
You better make a quick pit stop you are about to hit the wall. Fenders cost more than tires. Plus your insurance company might not love the idea of a low to no maintenance vehicle. Just saying!

41 - 60 of 122 Posts